Quality Engineer - Great Harwood | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Great Harwood, Lancashire, England
£34000 - £38000/annum + Benefits
Permanent (Full time)
COMPETATIVE SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPECTATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE:
Our client is an established, award winning and world leading manufacturing business, with strong and sustained investment in people, capital and plant. They design and manufacture bespoke products for some of the largest OEM’s in the UK and internationally. They possess a strong set of values, and their team work, culture and ethics are at the root of their success.
The successful candidate will be involved in the development of quality concepts for new projects/developments, as well changes to existing production quality systems.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Analysis of internal quality problems and failures at supplier side.
* Creating and required reports and documentation
* Creation of concepts and measures to ensure quality standards
* Coordinate and liaise with other departments
* Development of systems for malfunction security
* Support purchasing department with evaluation of new suppliers nd development of existing ones
* Lead quality operations / quality Lab team
* Initiate and monitor quality processes
* Implement developed concepts and measures. Check efficacy and take corrective action if necessary, defining the test method . SPC, test severity, measuring equipment etc.
* Making decisions about quality in borderline and special cases. Initiating and monitoring measures, . reworking, delivery stop. Preparing and conducting quality discussions.
* Auditing and supplier support plan: Performing and documenting internal and external audits. Maintaining suppliers with regard to quality standards and assurance, developing concepts, conducting initial samples
* Defining measures for quality problems. Defining the scope of testing for initial sampling
* Workshop (Lab) Support: Instructing employees entrusted with test tasks and supporting them with issues/problems.
* Further development of QM system: Evaluating quality relevant data and developing concepts for quality improvement
* Development of existing procedures, methods and systems as well as text equipment. Also creation and maintenance of quality manuals
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
* Degree in quality, industrial, or mechanical engineering.
* Demonstrable experience gained within a similar quality engineering role
* Experience of working within a manufacturing environment