Junior Asbestos - City of Bristol - This Area Only | Zoek UK | 406d0b
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Junior Asbestos Contracts Manager
City of Bristol - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
Are you a Asbestos Supervisor or Junior Contract Manager in the Asbestos industry looking to take the next step in your career? Do you want to work for one of the UK's leading Asbestos firms?
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Bristol Asbestos Branch for an experienced Junior Contracts Manager to support in the contract manager of an experienced team of removers;
You will need to identify and manage some elements of the technical aspects of the removal process, learning to effectively price projects, develop a team and assist with the growth of the business.
* Liaison with clients, site visit for assessment and preparation of quotations
* Assisting to identify, win and develop new client accounts and maintain the highest standard of service for the existing client base
* Preparation of site-specific risk assessments and detailed method statements ensuring compliance with HSE regulations. Convey the information contained within the site-specific risk assessment/method statement to site personnel to ensure full understanding
* Programme works and resources to ensure client and company needs are met
* Oversee work carried out by removal teams to ensure the highest standard of workmanship is being achieved
* Responsible for creating clear and accurate job files ensuring all relevant paperwork is contained before submitting for archiving
* Take all reasonable steps to ensure health and safety and welfare at work. You are required to gain an understanding of the Company’s health and safety procedures, observe them and enforce them, and ensure that safety equipment and clothing are fit for the purpose and always used. Carry out regular health and safety checks, including site audits
* Maintain a strong working relationship with customers and suppliers at all times
* Ensure sub-contract companies and labour are competent in the tasks that are required of them
Qualifications and experience:
* Evidence some supervisorary or management experience, and display good all-round interpersonal skills as well as leadership and people management skills. The role is client-facing and involves working with at all levels within organisations (Senior Directors, Site Operatives, Major and Sub Contractors, Local Authorities etc).
* Evidence some experience of being able to successfully manage both small and large scale projects through to completion
* To be commercially astute, a role requirement will be to negotiate “profitable” contracts in detail and build long term client relationships
* Be able to understand all Financial aspects of the Contract Management process and be able to produce detailed working programmes and plans of work
* Having an understanding of quality systems such as ISO 9001 would be advantageous
Other qualities and requirements:
Evidence sufficient knowledge, experience and training to demonstrate competence in:
* H&S issues and legislative requirements for the removal of asbestos
* Control measures required for the removal of asbestos
* Preparation to carry out asbestos removal
* Decontamination requirements
* Set up enclosures for the safe removal of asbestos
* Procedures for the safe removal of asbestos
* Cleaning and decontamination procedures
* Procedures for the packaging and disposal of asbestos waste
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary £25-35k depending on experience
For further information on the role and the company you will be working for please APPLY NOW with an updated version of your CV