Assistant Accountant - Garforth | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Assistant Accountant - Automotive Division
Garforth, Leeds, England
Permanent (Full time)
The LNT Group is a rapidly expanding Yorkshire based group of companies. Under the guidance of Chairman and founder Lawrence Tomlinson it consists of five core businesses across industry sectors including: Healthcare, Construction, Chemicals, Automotive and Software.
Based in Leeds, Ginetta has been building British road and race cars since 1958 - but since its purchase by LNT Group in 2005, the company has grown to become one of the most significant players on the global motorsport scene.
With racing pedigree throughout the business; Lawrence/Team LNT and Ginetta have raced at LMP1 level in Le Mans, with Lawrence himself winning the GT2 class at Le Mans 2006 in a Panoz Esperante.
Overview of Role
* A key member of the Finance Team, supporting the Financial Controller and ensuring that within the Automotive Division accurate financial records are maintained, financial transactions are promptly and accurately processed, and high-quality financial information is provided to the business in a timely manner.
* Contributing towards the preparation of monthly financial information
* Contributing towards the Division’s rolling cash flow and profit forecasts
* Aiding in preparation of the annual Division budget update
* Assisting with yearly stock counts
* Assisting with the annual audit and statutory financial statements within the division
* Assisting with ad-hoc financial and business projects as agreed with the Financial Controller or Group Financial Controller.
1. Assisting in preparation of accurate Management Accounts including balance sheet postings, Interco balances, balance sheet reconciliations within 10 working days of each month end for review and approval by the Group FC for the following companies:
1. Ginetta Cars Ltd
2. Ginetta Ltd
3. Ginetta Research Ltd
4. LNT Automotive Ltd
5. Want to Race
2. Preparation & posting of monthly journals including deferred income, fixed assets,
3. Maintenance of fixed asset register & depreciation calculation
4. Ensure all bank accounts are reconciled daily & complete monthly reconciliation to nominal
5. Assisting with the preparation of the divisional cash flow forecast
6. Prepare monthly VAT Return, and Intrastats
7. Completion of monthly balance sheet & control account reconciliations
8. Prepare deferred income calculation and reconciliation
9. Prepare office of national statistic’s submissions
10. Download race weekend tills ensure all transactions are posted correctly
11. Maintain W2R transponder stock
12. Manage and post credit cards
13. Assist in busy periods and holiday cover on Sales ledger and Purchase ledger
14. Help to prepare the year-end audit file and tax pack in line with the timetable agreed with the Auditors, Tax Advisers and Group FC.
15. Ensure on-going compliance with all finance orientated legal and fiscal obligations for all divisional companies – where knowledge permits
The successful candidate should have previous accounting experience within manufacturing preferred. Fully AAT qualified or at least AAT level 3 qualified and Early stage CIMA/ACCA part qualified. Experience of Sage 200 Project Accounting and Manufacturing would be highly desirable. A confident communicator who is able to prioritise workloads with attention to details in all aspects of the role