Instrument Technician (Projects) - Billingham | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Instrument Technician (Projects)
Billingham, Stockton-on-Tees, England
Contract (Full time)
To provide Instrument technician support to Strategic projects, predominantly the Emergency Shutdown replacement (ESD) and new Integrated Control Building projects. The core role will be assisting with the migration, testing and commissioning works at main site, working alongside the project team, migration engineer and operations teams.
In addition, the successful candidate will undertake a period of site familiarization and authorisation working alongside the site maintenance team which may involve the repair of instrument equipment, components, machines, and associated instrument elements under supervision.
Actively support the ESD/ICB projects through installation and commissioning phases, initially gaining authorisation via the Instrument Maintenance function
• Cutover of signals from Emergency Shutdown System to the new Emerson system.
• Ensure cutover documentation including warm cutover methods and cutover checklist are updated.
• Mark-up documentation with any changes required during Cutover and Commissioning
• Assist with necessary permits to work documentation in order to complete the agreed programme of work
• Provide isolations for equipment including Motor Operated Valves and Pumps.
• Undertake proof testing activities.
• Develop PM’s for new buildings.
• Install, maintain and repair instrument equipment in accordance with established manufacturing standards, limits, fits, tolerances, procedures and guideline
• To interpret job requirements from preventative maintenance instruction, specifications and / or other documentation
• Provide feedback on all maintenance tasks to allow collation of asset history, whether that be written, electronic or verbal
• Diagnose physical cause of instrument equipment breakdown / failure and propose / complete repairs to the site standards and engage technical resources as needed to support operations
• Generate SAP Material Requisition for work orders and projects
• Create SAP notifications for defects
• Assisting in reviews and development of relevant section procedures, PM routines and risk assessments
• Prepare jobs for execution in support of the schedule under direction of the supervisor, as part of fall-back work including but not limited to checking scaffold, withdrawing spares, preparing tools etc
• As part of a team, undertake and record After Action Reviews to improve job planning and execution
• Relevant approved apprenticeship / NVQ Level 3 or equivalent – Essential
• Minimum City & Guilds / ONC certificate in Instrument Engineering or equivalent – Essential
• Strong knowledge of instrument equipment – Essential
• Extensive maintenance experience in the oil & gas industry or other regulated industry – Desirable
• Hold a Full UK driving licence and to drive company vehicles where appropriate – Essential
• Detailed knowledge of DSEAR and ATEX legislation – Essential
• Appropriate Physical and Mental Capability to undertake the role – Essential
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients