SEMH Teaching Assistant
£57 - £75 per day
Full-time Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) Teaching Assistant required for a Bolton based Secondary school from September 2019 for one term.
This smaller than average Secondary school is seeking to appoint an experienced SEMH Teaching Assistant to work with identified pupils on Educational Health Care Plans (EHCP's). If you have previous experience supporting young people with SEMH needs then please continue to see below the details for the SEMH Teaching Assistant position.
Due to an increase in the number of pupils requiring SEMH support across the United Kingdom, the Government has increased funding to provide additional staff to continue working with young people who have been identified within mainstream education.
- Full-time SEMH Teaching Assistant position - September 2019.
- Must have previous experience working with SEMH pupils within an Education Capacity alongside relevant qualifications.
- Earn up to £1250+ per month depending upon previous experience.
The incoming SEMH Teaching Assistant can expect to join a Secondary school which values the abilities, achievements, and individuality of all its pupils and is committed to providing, the best possible environment for learning.
Through ensuring all pupils are included through significant support it is considered paramount that the educational needs that pupils experience during their school career are identified swiftly.
The responsibilities for the SEMH Teaching Assistant will include;
- Support within a system of supervision helping deliver and plan challenging teaching and learning objectives, making adjustments according to pupil responses and needs, as appropriate.
- Support teachers in selecting and preparing teaching resources that meet learners' needs and interests.
- Work with teachers in evaluating pupil progress through a range of monitoring and assessment activities.
- Assess the needs of pupils using detailed knowledge and specialist skills to support learning.
Located in Farnworth at the border between Bury and Salford, the school is easily accessible via the M61and the surrounding areas, which include Bury, Wigan, Salford, and Chorley. Public transport links are also easily accessible, with the Bus and Train station a few miles away from the school.
For immediate consideration please forward an up to date CV via the links provided below or contact the Manchester Secondary Branch for further information.
Posted 23 days ago