Web Experience Lead Engineer - Acle | Zoek UK | 40bbed
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Web Experience Lead Engineer
Acle, Norfolk, England
Permanent (Full time)
Croud is a global, full-service, digital marketing partner with a rapidly growing in-house team of 200+ digital experts. Through the seamless connection of data, technology and creativity, Croud develops strategies for sustainable growth that drive immediate business impact.
To support growth within our Web Experience team, we are looking for a new colleague seeking a role that offers scope and variety. Applicants should enjoy supporting and educating others, working in a collaborative environment both internally and externally alongside a wide range of clients, each presenting their own issues, challenges and opportunities.
The overall purpose of this role is to support the Web Experience Team in managing and implementing technical strategies and to provide clients with consultancy on various obstacles, challenges and opportunities posed on their websites. You will play a big part in collaborating with relevant stakeholders and client teams, ensuring that clients don’t have to worry about technical issues and can rely on you to provide them with sufficient support. You will be the go-to person for internal and external stakeholders to help solve issues.
You will also be responsible for understanding the latest technologies, as well as demonstrating how they could be applied to clients websites. These exciting technologies include, but are not limited to, various Jamstack frameworks, CDN EdgeWorkers and Web Workers.
With a range of network specialists, internal resources, tools and technologies at your disposal, you should have a strong ability to manage projects, clients and development teams directly in order to successfully meet the clients business objectives and targets,
Three words to describe our team:
- Intuitive - seamless integration within internal and external teams
- Innovative - never stop learning
- Inspirational - we share our passion for the web with others
- Provide consultation on how to improve clients websites
- Create clear requirement documentation that developers can easily understand and digest
- Advocate best practises as established by Croud, W3c and search engines, ensuring that the clients’ websites adhere to policies as well as ensuring that all technical opportunities will be explored
- Advocate the latest technologies and provide solutions and/or prototypes to clients
- Communicate directly with client stakeholders to ensure that the technical strategy and technical requirements are clear and can be implemented up to a high standard
- Provide code-tests and prototypes to clients to support them with their solutions
- Support clients with in-depth conversations on problem solving and opportunities; similar to solution architecture
- Identify efficiencies within migration projects to reduce human error and increase scalability
- Support new business with the right level of detail and support from a technical point of view, overcoming issues reported within potential client documentation such as RFPs and pitches
- Collaborate with the Web Experience Director on continuously evolving our Web Experience proposition within the wider business as well as to clients
- Proactively learn about new technologies and ways of working, how to monitor market trends in order to support internal growth and efficiency strategies
- Complete Croudie administration, project managing assigned work, ensuring briefs to the network are comprehensive and accurate and quality checking returned work is to excellent standard
- Provide support to the team, formulating technical roadmaps and scoping hours
- Advocate the latest technologies and learnings through the use of internal and/or external blog post publications, white papers and support the team with creation of case-studies based on technical implementation
- Support the Web Experience team to improve training materials, both for the Croud Academy and internal documentation
- Degree level education or equivalent / relevant work experience
- In-depth demonstrable work experience within SEO or front-end development roles
- Experience with data analytical tools such as Google Analytics and Google Search Console
- Strong interest in / passion for digital marketing and / or SEO
- Strong interest in front-end development and coding / markup
- Understanding of Jamstack and / or detached websites
- Understanding of Edge services, such as Edge Workers
- Understanding of common development processes, specifically workflows in JIRA, based on Agile
- Understanding JIRA and the process of the creation of a ticket aimed at development teams
- Strong Microsoft Office and / or G Suite (Google) skills which must include Excel / Sheets, Word / Docs and PowerPoint / Slides
- Proficiency in data entry, working with and managing large amounts of data
- Proven track record of working to and meeting deadlines
- Proven time management skills and ability to manage tasks simultaneously
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Strong communication, organisation, and presentation skills
- Experience of working within teams to meet a common goal
On completion of the three month probation period every employee is eligible for the benefits listed on our careers site which include:
- 25 days holiday a year
- Annual performance bonus
- Sale commission
- Recruitment referrals bonus
- Gym membership contributions
- Ride to Work scheme
- Rail card
- Season Ticket loan
- Free fruit, breakfast cereals and tea & coffee
- Free home office chair and screen
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package
- Share option scheme
- Life and income protection
- Medical cash plan
- Agile Working Policy
Standard hours are from to , there’s flexibility if agreed in advance with your line managers (it may also be necessary on occasions to work outside of these hours).
Croud is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. All candidates will be assessed based on merit, qualifications and their ability to perform the requirements of the role.