Technology Specialist - Cloud Operations
Competitive Salary & Excellent Benefits Package
We have a great opportunity for a highly experienced cloud operations engineer to work alongside multiple Stakeholders and Suppliers, to enable the delivery of cloud capabilities and solutions to our business, focusing on infrastructure and platform as a service (IaaS and PaaS). This exciting opportunity will be based at our head office in Bradford.
Our fresh digital thinking is driving a giant change programme that will make Morrisons a digitally focused retailer. And we’re reinventing our tech and opening up new opportunities from mobile first to the cloud. With 12 million customers a week, nearly 500 supermarkets and new, exciting ventures with Amazon, McColl's, Rontec,and Ocado, it is a great time to join our team here at Morrison.
Here at Morrisons you will do the following:
- Develop automated tools/scripts to eliminate manual tasks e.g templating and automating infrastructure & application deployments
- Work collaboratively with other cloud engineers, architects, and leads across Technology to enable the enterprise use of cloud. This includes helping with proof of concept efforts with these teams, helping to educate them, and advocating the safe use of public cloud services in line with Morrisons guiding principles for public cloud
- Work with the Cloud Operations team manager to contribute, plan, and prioritise backlog of cloud design patterns and automation releases and updates that enable and support Morrisons use of public cloud services
- Support customer issues on project work to ensure services are consistently and securely deployed
- Undertale out of hours standby
To Succeed in the role, you should have:
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred
- Experienced (2+ years) in deploying and supporting critical applications to the public cloud in an engineering role for a mid-sized organisation or larger
- Core background and experience as a cloud engineer or infrastructure automation/scripting.
- Ability to take cloud engineering concepts and educate other teams about their implementation
- Extensive Knowledge of AWS technologies
- Strong understanding of infrastructure automation platforms, including Ansible, Jenkins, TerraForm.
- Experience of delivering an Automation capability into an enterprise environment.
- Good working knowledge of other Cloud Technologies like GCP, AZURE or Oracle Cloud
- Cloud networking concepts - including AWS Connect and Equinix configuration
- Cost/billing/Capacity - ability to understand requirements and drive cost efficiencies
- Patch and LIfeCycle Management
- Supplier Governance and Management
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
- Prior knowledge of UNIX/LInux Operating systems would be advantageous, in particular Red Hat Enterprise Linux and HPUX
Our fresh digital thinking is driving a giant change programme that will make Morrisons a digitally focused retailer. And we’re reinventing our tech and opening up new opportunities from mobile first to the cloud.
We’re making improvements across our diverse business. We’re revolutionising our online journeys and making our processes faster, simpler and smarter to provide the freshest of products and an even better experience to millions of customers and over 111,000 colleagues.
Our aim to offer more of what matters extends to our employees too. Join us and you can expect to enjoy great career prospects and a very competitive pay and benefits package. In addition to an attractive salary, we offer a discount card for you and two for friends or family members giving you 10% off your shopping in Morrisons. We also offer company share options, a highly competitive pension scheme, Life Assurance and more besides.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Posted 19 days ago