Regional Business - West Midlands - This Area Only | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Regional Business Development Manager - North
West Midlands - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
About the role
As a Business Development Manager for our Recycling Division in the UK, you will be tasked with developing and growing a portfolio of commercial accounts for our regional depots in the North (Bolton, Leeds and Birmingham), ensuring delivery of new business opportunities, enabling the depots to exceed profitability targets, through the successful attainment of new business, increasing market share and volumes of paper for recycling.
Reporting to the Business Development Lead, the role will work closely with the regional depot Business Managers and Senior Management Team to achieve this. At times, you will also be required to aid broader commercial opportunities in our Waste Facilities Management Model, supporting the activities of the Business Development and Contract Manager as determined by the functional director.
To be successful in the position, you will need to build your industry knowledge, enabling you to identify, source and develop new business opportunities and achieve your individual targets. You will need to draft clear and compelling commercial proposals and contracts, use commercial awareness to influence and negotiate terms and conditions, all whilst ensuring that we comply with policies and legal requirements.
Please note that the role will require regular travel to our sites and customers in the North of the UK.
- At least two years of account management or new business experience
- A high level of industry knowledge across recycling, paper and/or treatment technologies
- A good working knowledge of our target sectors
- Educated to bachelor’s degree level
- Excellent IT skills, specifically with Microsoft Office applications and CRM systems
- Able to communicate with all seniorities, with both internal and external customers
- Deadline orientated, with strong data interpretation, project management, presentation and commercial negotiation skills
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays?
- Discretionary bonus
- Pension and share scheme
- Life assurance and income protection
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme and shopping discounts