Senior Support Worker | Zoek
Senior Support Worker
£9.90 - 9.90 per hour
Permanent (Full time)
Senior Support Worker
Service/Location: Aspens - Finch House Cornford Lane, Pembury, Kent, TN2 4QU
We are looking for a senior support worker who wants to be part of a team with a real family feel in Finch, our home away from home!
We support 7 individuals with Autism and learning disabilities two of whom are non-verbal. Some of the service users have epilepsy and can also sometimes display behaviours that challenge.
We are a fun supportive team that work together to give the very best to the people we support.
We are looking for a senior support worker who can lead the team in the absence of the manager, act as shift leader, assist with rota's and timesheets, complete audits, care plans, risk assessments, be a role model for support workers and promote good practice at all times.
37 Hours per week with various shifts to include weekends and occasional sleep in shifts.
Senior Support Worker Requirements:
- Diploma/NVQ 3 in Health and Social Care
- Available to work shifts including "long days" and sleeping night shifts.
- Understanding of Learning Disabilities
- Experience with challenging behaviours
- Supervisory/Management experience
- Full driving licence
- Supporting on Service Users Holidays
- Positive 'can-do' Attitude
- Friendly, Positive, Resilient, Calm and Helpful
- Good problem solving skills
- Good Sense of Humour
- Team worker
- Flexible and Trustworthy
- Patient and Caring Attitude
- Good at listening
Aspens has over 100 years of experience in helping children, young people and adults with a range of disabilities, those on the autism spectrum, and/or those with complex needs. Through the provision of highly personalised support, we aspire to enable people to learn new skills, live life to the full and contribute to society however possible.
At Aspens, the people we support and care for enjoy an active and fulfilling life, based in a residential environment. No two days are the same, just some of the activities our service users enjoy include swimming, theme parks, seaside trips, art and beauty.
Pay and Benefits
- Hourly rate of £9.90 per hour
- Holidays 22 days plus bank holidays
- Permanent contract & guaranteed hours
- Full Induction
- Paid Training
- Free Parking
- Ongoing employee training and development
- Caring supportive teams
- Pension enrolment
- Bonuses for new employee referrals
- Free DBS check
Any offer would be subject to Disclosure and Barring checks and satisfactory employment references.
If you need further information, please contact Stephen on#########
Call######### No contact found)
Posted 9 days ago