WPF Shift Engineer - Camelford | 30076 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
WPF Shift Engineer
Camelford, Cornwall, England
Permanent (Full time)
Water Processing Facility Shift EngineerDavidstow, Cornwall
Shift Pattern: 3 on 3 off, days & nights / 7 to 7 including weekends and Bank Holidays
Saputo Dairy UK - Who are we?
We are a leading British dairy products company and we’re on a mission to create exceptional food, loved by every generation. We are committed to providing healthier, tasty products that make it easier for consumers to choose healthier foods and to play our part in helping to improve the nation’s health. As a leading dairy manufacturer we are also determined to ensure that key social, ethical and environmental issues are assessed and prioritised. We own and manage some of the UK's most popular dairy brands, including:
- Cathedral City - proud to be Britain’s favourite cheese
- Davidstow - the ultimate cheese with an intense, rounded flavour
- Country Life - a leading butter brand which comes exclusively from British dairy farms
- Clover - the only spread with no artificial ingredients
- Utterly Butterly - launched in 1995 and now a household name
- Vitalite - the dairy free spread
- FryLight - the cooking oil spray
Purpose of Job
- Whilst adhering to legislation, HS&E and site standards and engineering good practice, provide engineering reactive resource to the process, attend to breakdowns and stoppages, monitoring, testing and maintenance of the WWTP, water recovery system, site water supplies and other relevant site services functions. Being proactive into assisting shift maintenance engineers to achieve the site PPM.
- Demonstrate ability to motivate other engineers, technicians, support staff and production operators/controllers and lead by good example during daily tasks. Display an in depth knowledge of the plant.
- Organize and prioritize workloads as required and ensure production awareness of time scales and plant outages.
- Strive to seek areas of plant/product improvements. Continue training to achieve highest level of site and plant skills, progress core skills as required. Take on a higher level of plant "ownership" within the process.
- Assist in the development of other engineers, apprentices and production staff by training, creating a positive team environment. Look for opportunities to gain experience on different plant. Cover shift when required due to personal illness or planned vacation of existing shift operators/engineers.
- Adhere to environmental consent limits, legislative standards in Water Recovery and Health and Safety and all company requirements.
- To use appropriate monitoring techniques to identify and resolve plant issues.
- Ensure compliance with Environmental consents, Health and Safety in accordance with company and statutory requirements.
- Communicate and report issues.
- Ensure compliance of all data reporting is timely and accurate.
- Work proactively to ensure operation of WWTP and Water Recovery.
- To minimize plant downtime to control plant throughputs and water recovery
Knowledge & Experience Required
- The candidate will be computer literate.
- Trained to engineer standards, City & Guilds, HNC, ONC.
- Be able to demonstrate practical engineering skills and enjoy a hands on approach.
- Have an understanding of current relevant legislation.
- Work proactively and willing to take the initiative.
- Have the ability to work under pressure, multi task and self-accountable.
- Have broad understanding of site plant and processes.
- Be aware of responsibility to follow instructions as stated in the current Saputo Dairy UK Health and Safety Policy.
- Be aware of departmental risk assessments and follow safe systems of work.
- Full operational and laboratory training will be provided.
- Will need to enjoy working in/out doors.
- Have flexible approach to shift cover and be prepared to be called out where necessary.
What Saputo Dairy UK can Offer
- An opportunity to be part of a high performing team producing the nations favourite branded Cheddar.
- Development opportunities
- Free, onsite parking
- Discounted branded products
- Subsidised staff restaurant
- Holidays (17 x 12 hrs shifts or 25 days for non-shift)
- Free and clean work uniforms and personal locker
- My Staff shop - access to exclusive benefits, free advice and savings - providing great discounts from thousands of the UKs largest retailers & service providers.
Agencies - Thank you for your interest in working with Saputo Dairy UK however we have a PSL who will be supporting us if needed.**We do not pay fees or acknowledge any CV's supplied to Saputo Dairy UK unless you have been briefed on the role by a member of the Resourcing Team.**
Everything begins with passion, a legacy from the Saputo family, which offered tasty and quality cheeses to its community. Today, after more than 65 years, the company employs thousands of dedicated employees, proud of their role, who work day after day to deliver quality products to customers and consumers.