Teacher - Barrow in Furness | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Barrow in Furness, Cumbria, England
£22000 - £26000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
Job title: Teacher – 5 days (1658 annualised hours)
Salary: £22-26k dependent on experience (pay review pending September 2021)
Department: Ambito Care & Education
Team: Beaumont College, Barrow in Furness
Location: Barrow in Furness, some travel may be required in and around the area
Direct reports: None
Closing date: 07/07/21
To plan and deliver a highly differentiated person centered curriculum in line with individual education outcomes which enables learners to meet their full potential. You must be able to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team to ensure all learners have equal opportunities to develop the skills required to prepare them for adulthood. To demonstrate measurable progress and achievement through targeted recording and report writing which evidence progress against set EHCP (Education Health and Care Plan) outcomes.
* To provide high quality learning opportunities in both creative and functional subjects via differentiated lessons to learners with complex learning and physical needs.
* To remove barriers to learning by applying individual support plans at all times
* To set SMART steps to achievement for each individual learner within your class, measure and record progress over time and provide quality evidence in order to demonstrate completion of learning objectives in the form of daily narratives and report writing.
* To align skills outlined within the learning pathways to subject specific activities.
* To deliver sessions that promote emergent and conventional literacy in line with the individuals learning needs
* Responsibility for completing and following risk assessments of curricular activities both in and outside of the college
* Responsibility for ensuring therapeutic opportunities are embedded into students’ programmes
* Classroom management - deploying staff efficiently to meet the needs of the students and ensuring those staff have all the necessary information and resources to support effective learning
* Contribute to the quality improvement and self-assessment activity within the service
* To work within college’s policies and procedures at all times
* To be pro-active in seeking out appropriate CPD opportunities
* To report and record safeguarding and behaviour concerns in a timely manner in line with college policy and procedure
* To maintain a healthy and safe environment at all times and respond to any breeches in health and safety in a timely manner in line with college policy and procedure
* To keep all relevant data secure in line with the colleges Data Protection Policy and Procedure
This job description should not be seen as all encompassing, and the post holder will be expected to undertake any other responsibilities appropriate to the post as identified by the company.
Our Core Values
* We are Supportive by promoting opportunities for everyone so they can reach their full potential
* We are very Ambitious to provide the best possible outcomes for the people who use our services
* We are Loyal because we put the people that we support and our staff at the centre of everything we do and we deliver on our promises. We also are committed to ensuring that our services are meeting the needs of all stakeholders
* We are Unique because we are ambitious and innovative about the diversity of the services that we provide without compromising quality
* We are Transparent by being open, honest and fostering a culture of mutual respect. We promote a culture where we learn by our experiences and we are committed to doing things better and setting the highest standards in what we do
* We are Engaging because we work in partnership with the people that we support, our staff and all our stakeholders
* We encourage everyone to experience a Meaningful life by being aspirational and by offering opportunities