Technical Project Lead (Networking) - Norwich | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Technical Project Lead (Networking)
Norwich, Norfolk, England
Contract (Full time)
Do you have the skills to be an ICT & Digital Architect?
South Norfolk and Broadland Council have an exciting opportunity for an Technical Project Lead (Networking) to join their team. This role will be based at Thorpe Lodge, Norwich and South Norfolk House, Long Stratton. The role is offered on a full time basis, fixed term contract for 12 months (subject to review with possible extension). In return, you will receive a competitive salary of Circa £40,771 per annum.
Work in a team of technical architects to provide major ICT & Digital projects, providing specialist technical expertise to develop and implement appropriate IT platforms to deliver against business objectives.
What you could be part of…
South Norfolk and Broadland Councils are based in Long Stratton and Norwich and are looking to are looking to grow with the addition of an ICT & Digital Technical Project Lead. The ICT & Digital team is responsible for the provision of ICT & Digital services and support to 10 offices across the Norfolk area. Whilst you need solid experience with a technical capacity, ultimately culture is just as important. Personality, humour and character are significant factors and combined with a strong aptitude and love of ICT, are what it takes to be successful in this role and company for the foreseeable future.
Working at South Norfolk and Broadland Councils would enable you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and our employees challenge themselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing as our Technical Project Lead (Networking):
- Working in a team of technical architects to deliver significant ICT & Digital projects, providing specialist technical expertise to develop our new infrastructure platforms. Your experience should include, networking, backup/disaster recovery and hyperconverged infrastructure, ideally with exposure to DELL VXRail, VMWare and Rubrik technologies.
- Design and deploy secure technical architecture solutions, which are scalable, robust and resilient.
- Provide advice and guidance relating to infrastructure best practices and ensuring that data security and governance is maintained within the scopes of work undertaken.
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers and maintenance parties to ensure their work is
properly specified, monitored and controlled.
- Act as one of the go-to technical experts within the ICT & Digital Team
- Lead on the technical delivery of significant ICT & Digital projects in a controlled and managed environment, with an emphasis on effective change management.
- Act as a technical authority within a Change Advisory Board environment.
What we’re looking for in our Technical Project Lead (Networking):
- A relevant degree or professional/vocational qualification or demonstrate equivalent IT knowledge.
- Significant experience in an IT architectural role with an emphasis on infrastructure.
- Demonstrable experience in identification and selection of technical solutions.
- Experience of negotiation with and working alongside 3rd party suppliers.
- Up to date knowledge of current technical developments.
- Experience of full project lifecycle in a structured environment.
- Demonstrable experience of designing & implementing of at least one technology stack in a specialist discipline.
- In depth understanding of server and network infrastructure environments.
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of Local Government systems and processes.
- Demonstrable experience of release management, configuration management, availability management, capacity Management and Service Continuity Management.
- Experience of change management.
What’s in it for you as our Technical Project Lead (Networking):
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Technical Project Lead (Networking) then please click ‘apply’ now, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing date: 20 July 2021