Sales Specialist - Basingstoke | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Basingstoke, Hampshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Exertis is the leading technology distributor of consumer, business and enterprise products from established and emerging technology brands, and a wholly owned subsidiary of parent company DCC PLC. Exertis is proud to be part of DCC plc; an ambitious and entrepreneurial FTSE 100 company. DCC plc employ approximately 13,000 people across four divisions and operate in 20 countries. To find out more visit (url removed). After 39 years of profitability Exertis continues to outperform the market, achieving revenues of £ in FY2020. Exertis partners with 2,400 brands across 21 countries. With products spanning across mobile, computing and accessories, consumer electronics, print, networking, servers and solutions, unified communications, security and AV solutions. Exertis market-leading approach teamed with a state-of-the-art distribution centre, next day delivery and a host of managed services, including end-user fulfilment, assures the highest levels of customer service and satisfaction at all times.
At Exertis, we thrive in a company culture that is driven to deliver more for customers. Our employees are committed, proactive and motivated. This dynamic environment contributes to a thriving growth-focused culture throughout Exertis, providing many career opportunities that span sales, commercial and corporate activities
* Establish, develop and maintain relationships with key SMART team members inc’ the SMART management team.
* Build trust, faith and market share within SMART’s top 20 customers.
* Demonstrate strong negotiation skills to ensure Exertis has the strongest product offering / prices
* Establish, develop and maintain relationships with key resellers for SMART
* Provide accurate information and additional support to sales in areas which are forecasting below budget
* Monitor and manage stock levels in line with operational targets
* Establish, develop and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders including commercial, marketing and purchasing to ensure maximum sales activity is achieved and stock levels remain optimal and communications between the departments are effective
* Regular report on sales activity, stock levels and marketing spend to manufacturers and relevant internal stakeholders
* Demonstrate and maintain expert product knowledge, keeping up to date with new technologies and market developments
* Anticipate and react to fluctuations and trends within the market and the potential impacts this could have on business
* Demonstrate a strong awareness of and commitment to Ethics and Compliance and the DCC Group Code of Conduct.
High Performing Activities:
* Achieve and exceed monthly budget targets
* Establish and maintain market share of 35% on SMART as quickly as possible
* Running and maintaining SMART project log
* Build relationships with key SMART channel managers and establish Exertis as the path of least resistance for SMART’s managed business
* Work closely with marketing to plan and action vendor marketing plans
* Regular performance reviews with Vendor and sales management to ensure all elements of the business plan and objectives are being met
* Joint visits to key reseller account with SMART or Exertis BDM team.
* Ideally 3 years’ sales
* Distribution experience preferred
* Team player with great inter-personal skills
* The ability to build relationships
* Relevant Product / Market knowledge desired
* Ability to communicate with and influence key stakeholders, individuals and groups at all levels
* The ability to recognise and focus on the key issues
* Organisation skills - able to plan and prioritise own time and be self- motivated
* An interest in the products in the area of responsibility
* Willingness to travel occasionally to all Exerts locations as required.
* Demonstrate a strong awareness of and commitment to Ethics and Compliance and the Group Business Conduct Guidelines.
* Drive & enthusiasm
* Good understanding of margin and sales
* Strong understanding of Inventory management and logistics.
* Good knowledge of Excel for data analysis
* Excellent communication skills
* Excellent customer Service & Handling skills
* Commercial awareness
* Planning & organisation
* Flexibility, adaptability & Initiative
* Confidence & determination to achieve targets
* Performance maximisation