Underwriter - Leatherhead | 30076 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Leatherhead, Surrey, England
Permanent (Full time)
We have an exciting opportunity for an Underwriter to join aQmen Underwriting Services, a specialist MGA in the not for profit, faith, education and recruitment sectors based in Leatherhead. This role would suit someone with commercial underwriting experience for existing or new business across either property, casualty or financial lines.
aQmen prides itself on adopting a trading culture to win and retain business and has a track record of impressive underwriting results. You will be comfortable liaising with brokers, dealing with various enquires which will include understanding & assessing risks and dealing with quotations whilst ensuring adherence to underwriting guidelines and disciplines. You will have good administration and communication skills with the ability to foster and develop business relationships and you will have obtained Cert CII qualification or wish to work towards this.
Working as part of a team is integral to aQmen’s environment with established opportunities for mentoring and buddying to help develop knowledge and experience. As the business continues to grow, there will be many opportunities to get involved in other exciting projects, expanding your skills along the way.
Location: Based in Leatherhead, Surrey (KT22 8DN) our office is accessible by car or train although some flexible working can be considered.
- You will be dealing with either new business or renewals and mid-term adjustments in line with agreed underwriting guidelines, setting up the appropriate policy records and keeping up to date,
- You will deal with broker and insurer partner queries by phone and emails within agreed authority limits,
- You will help deliver relevant insurance products, underwriting systems and underwriting guidelines whilst maintaining and delivering appropriate management information as and when required,
- You will liaise with colleagues, brokers and insurers in terms of coverage and pricing,
- You will adhere to compliance and regulatory procedures,
- You will have previous general insurance underwriting experience (ideally including property, casualty and financial lines), with a good working knowledge of all classes of business,
- You will be Cert CII qualified or working towards,
- You will have experience of working within a Regulated FCA environment (essential),
- You will be able to understand and implement ‘best practice’ in customer service, compliance systems and processes, and financial management,
- You will have good experience using bespoke systems and MS Office Suit including MS Excel,
- You will have a high level of accuracy and attention to detail, coupled with excellent time management,
- You will be able to work under pressure, adapt and be flexible in approach,
- You will have excellent communication skills which includes verbal, written, listening and negotiation, having the ability to communicate at all levels,
Full Job Description available on request.
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We believe that working together as one team across the Group is better for our customers, our businesses, and our employees, we offer excellent rates of pay, fantastic benefits and excellent career opportunities.
PIB Group is an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your application will be treated in the strictest confidence.