Commodity Manager - Edinburgh | 11071 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
£200 - £350 per day
Temporary (Full time)
Pertemps Scotland Ltd are working with our client in Edinburgh to recruit for a Commodity Manager in the Public Sector on a temporary basis for 12 Months with potential extension.
Due to current circumstances this role will be based remotely.
Day rate: £200 - £350 (Inside IR35)
- To understand customer needs, use procurement skills and specialised product knowledge to provide excellent product choice and quality whilst contributing to the strategic sourcing programme targets and ensure PCF delivers a service which delivers best value and reflects best procurement practice.
- To implement and deliver PCF strategies in their commodity areas
- In consultation with the Category Manager the broader and longer term direction will be identified. The post holder will decide on methods of dealing with them and will generate and schedule his/her own work and the work of the commodity teams under his/her category.
- Much of the operational work will be driven by customer requirements. Performance will be reviewed against key performance indicators on an ongoing basis by stakeholder meetings including review by the governance group at regular meetings.
- Ideas and initiatives designed to improve services, reduce costs and increase productivity will be generated and implemented by the post holder.
- The post holder will continuously review his/her work to ensure satisfactory standards are achieved and will brief the Category Manager regularly on progress against delivery of any objectives contained in the Business Plan. The Category Manager will review work twice per year on a formal basis for quality, quantity and the achievement of personal objectives via a system of performance appraisal.
- The post holder will plan the work for their team aligned to the agreed contract renewal and maintenance programme.
Qualifications / Experience required:
- Educated to degree level in Business Management or equivalent subject or with significant specific procurement experience, knowledge and ability within the role required. Membership by Examination of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply or appropriate professional institute or equivalent experience.
- Allied to this, a substantial requirement exists to undertake regular on-the-job and professional development training to ensure the Postholders maintain essential currency of knowledge across an extensively regulated and rapidly changing
- Postholders must have significant senior procurement experience in developing, managing and delivering bespoke commercial projects and must have demonstrable experience in managing performance to plan and remote stakeholder outputs against critical delivery deadlines.
- Whilst the precise training requirement will vary according to each of the Postholders specialist portfolio responsibilities, the training and knowledge requirement shall in all case be broadly equivalent, whether gained in academic qualifications, experiential learning or a combination of both, to that gained in postgraduate level studies.
- Highly developed personal, written and verbal communication skills as well as tact, diplomacy and negotiating expertise in dealing with a wide range of knowledgeable customers, suppliers, patient organisations , other UK Procurement Organisations and user groups would be a prerequisite for a Commodity Manager in a Procurement Centre Of Expertise.
- The Postholder is required to have gained considerable pre-employment training and experience in several professional competencies including, but not limited to, procurement best practice, legislative and regulatory compliance, market dynamics, contracting, high value business strategy development and management reporting. In all cases knowledge and professional skills will be supported with relevant independent academic study
Candidates are required to have a Basic Disclosure Scotland Certificate
Find this job and thousands more on
Logging you in...