Nurse Advisor - Gloucester | 30076 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England
32000.0000 - 35000.0000
Permanent (Full time)
Nurse Specialist - Continence Care**- West of England,**Permanent
Starting salary £32,000 & Company vehicle provided.
We are currently recruiting for a Nurse Specialist within our Continence Care team. This exciting role will be working across the West of England territory.
- Nursing experience within continence, colorectal, bowel management or spinal rehab centres preferred, together with a current NMC registration.
- Business / Commercial experience is preferred.
- Commercially focused, with proven ability to identify opportunities, and pro-actively drive and deliver strong results.
- Passion to help patients deal with key healthcare needs.
- Demonstrate effective time management skills, administrative capabilities and effective written communication capabilities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint preferred.
- A current driving licence with no more than 6 points.
- To develop and maintain good relationships with potential referrers. This would include Continence Advisors, Community nurses, specialist nurses in related fields (. Parkinson’s disease, Multiple sclerosis, rehab, spinal injuries etc)
- On receiving a referral to visit the patient in their own home to assess for continence management using appropriate equipment available on prescription. This could include body worn equipment such as urinary sheaths, urinals etc or instruction in self catheterisation/ dilatation or support with an indwelling catheter.
- To provide follow up visits as required and to provide training for carers or nursing/ residential home staff in order to manage and maintain the equipment being used.
- To maintain patient records and to communicate effectively with other healthcare professionals involved as required.
- To manage your own diary and appointments and any administration required for ordering products. To complete a weekly report and monthly expenses form and to attend Jade nurse meeting. These take place between 2 and 4 times per year. To attend Study days, conferences and exhibitions to ensure CPD is maintained.
As a nurse working for Jade you will have the opportunity to work with autonomy, taking the time you need with each patient to identify their needs, carry out a thorough assessment and then provide the support that they, their families and caregivers need to have the best chance of successfully managing their continence problem.
You will have the support of a company with extensive experience in this field which includes technical support with the various types of equipment and excellent customer services and you will be working within a small friendly team of specialist nurses with substantial expertise in this field.
It’s a challenging but very rewarding role, and it would suit someone who is self-motivated, who enjoys or would enjoy working in the community and who is driven by having the opportunity and time to work independently to assess and deliver patient care to a high standard.
Role Specific Competencies:
Self-motivation, persuasiveness and competitiveness
Innovation, tenacity and drive to ensure success
IT literate with strong analytical skills