Senior Software Engineer - Hurley | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Senior Software Engineer
Hurley, Royal Windsor and Maidenhead, England
£60000/annum C£60k + Excellent Benefits
Permanent (Full time)
Senior Software Engineer
Can be remote working
Our client is one of Europe's Leading M2M & IoT Providers. SIM Connectivity In 190 Countries. Active In 190 Countries. Over 6m Devices Connected. They work across all market segments, delivering complete M2M/IoT managed services for mobile and satellite wireless networks plus fixed line solutions. As well as multi-industry sector expertise, their core strength is their ability to overlay their private secure infrastructure across all the global mobile networks.
Their Tech Stack
Symfony 3/4, Angular 6, Rabbit MQ, Apache Solr, Java, Node JS, AWS
Reports to: Development Manager / Technical Architect
Responsibilities and Duties
* Support and enhance existing applications as well as working on new features.
* Working in an agile development team and participating in code reviews and able to mentor junior developers
* Write and maintain technical documentation
* Write tests for your own code and increase test coverage for our applications
* Contribute to architectural and code review discussions that impact our engineering ecosystem
* At least 3 years OO PHP experience ideally with Symfony
* Able to write testable maintainable code, experience with TDD an advantage
* Experience with developing and integrating with both REST and SOAP API’s
* Aware of Agile principles such as Scrum
* Frontend JS Frameworks (ideally some experience with Angular)
* Designing and developing SQL queries
* RabbitMQ or similar messaging platform
* Apache Solr
* Experience with Java and / or Node JS would be an advantage
* Familiarity with SOLID design principles
* Software security BSIMM / OWASP
Founded in 1999, they are one of Europe’s leading independent M2M and IoT connectivity platform provider, they work with application providers, systems integrators and enterprises delivering a range of services including management and monitoring software platforms, a cloud-based private network infrastructure as well as specialist mobile, satellite, fixed line and low power radio connectivity.
All services operate across a single unified technology platform and are designed to meet the specific needs of connected assets within the global markets of Machine to Machine (M2M) and the Internet of Things (IoT). Continuous investment in technology enables them to provide an increasing range of value-added products which include specialist mapping from Google and HERE, device management platforms, security encryption services and end-to-end managed hardware solutions. The organisation is ISO 9001 Quality Management certified.
Horizontally positioned, they work with hundreds of vertical applications – These include asset and vehicle tracking, telematics, metering, security, electronic payment, m-healthcare and a range of enterprise solutions. Connected devices through the company exceed million SIM subscriptions with multiple European mobile and satellite networks. The breadth of connectivity options gives customers an unrivalled choice across Europe but with a global reach