Vehicle Inspector - Swindon - This Area Only | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Vehicle Inspector - Swindon / Bristol
Swindon - This Area Only
£27865/annum Salary: £27,865.80 PA + Bonus
Permanent (Full time)
Salary: £27, PA + Bonus
Every vehicle has a story to tell. And when you're buying a used car, it's hard to tell what condition it's in just by looking at it.
That's where our Vehicle Inspection with pre-purchase checks can help. The inspection includes:
* Qualified engineer to inspect the car (or van or motorhome) you’re interested in.
* A report for peace of mind that it's roadworthy and safe.
* Details about any hidden problems we find before you buy.
Once the customer / client has the report, we can point out the issues we've found to the seller before the vehicle is purchased
Gavin Creaney, Regional Manager for the Inspection Services department says:
“We have a rare opportunity to join our vehicle inspection team. You’ll be based in the North West of England and within a commutable distance from Preston or Manchester. Working with our business partners, you will be inspecting used vehicles to the AA’s high standards and reporting back to our partners with any repair work that may be required before issuing a detailed inspection pass report.
As a trusted team member of the AA, you’ll have all the latest tools & technology at your disposal, including a company iPhone and a bespoke application designed to help you catalogue inspection results. You’ll be part of a growing team of vehicle inspectors that support each other and forever strive to be the best”
This is the job
The successful individual will contribute to the effective operation of the Association's Motoring Services Business by undertaking Inspections, repairs and servicing in accordance with established conditions and operating instructions.
You will be required to undertake vehicle checks and report findings accurately.
You will need to have good business acumen to be able to convey our findings in a suitable manner for the customer and be able to undertake these repairs in a safe and effective manner. Ability to provide advice and assistance within own area of competence, ensuring that in other cases where Members require assistance they are directed to the appropriate AA service or department.
What will I be doing?
Are you customer focused? Are you confident you can carry out vehicle checks and accurately report findings? Are you an MOT Tester? Do you have Mechanical qualifications at L3 City and Guilds or L3 NVQ in mechanics or Equivalent? If so read on…
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Undertake to a high standard an effective and safe Inspection/repair of vehicles both private and commercial at the scene of the agreed location. Inspection of car reveals worn out brake pads and discs, this will result in the items being reported initially. After completion a new report will be created with the items suitably amended.
* Maintain a high standard of driving, courtesy and effectiveness in dealing with Members and the general public and uphold the traditions and image of the Association with an appropriate awareness of personal and customer’s safety at all times.
* Keep abreast of technological and safety developments as they affect the diagnosis and repair of motor vehicles. This may involve attending manufacturer courses and AA courses some of which could be residential.
* Maintain a thorough knowledge of all types of vehicles.
* Be fully conversant with all hand held communication systems used within the AA operations and ensure that all communication is maintained to the standards required by the Association and its customers.
* Maintain to a high standard of serviceability and cleanliness any AA vehicle, tools and equipment issued for individual use, maintaining accurate records of vehicle work carried out in accordance with current procedures and Health and Safety requirements.
* Maintain accurate records necessary to ensure satisfactory job performance in accordance with current procedures.
Here at the AA we appreciate all our colleague and aim to give back in the way of offering some fantastic benefits which can include free and/or highly discounted offers on our products.
Good conduct matters at the AA. It's very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers
All offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
We look forward to hearing from you soon