Public Health Programme Senior Officer - Nechells | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Public Health Programme Senior Officer
Nechells, Birmingham, England
Contract (Full time)
Job Title: Public Health Programme Senior Officer
Salary: £ p/h
Location: (B7) Woodcock Street, Birmingham
Contact Type: Fixed Term Contract until 30th June 2022
We are proud to be working alongside Birmingham City Council to recruit a Project Coordinator to work alongside the other Population Team colleagues and support the Service Lead. The Population team leads the work on the life course within public health and oversees the commissioning of the majority of mandated and non-mandated public health services including the Sexual Health Services, Children and Young People PH Services, Fast Track Cities+, Tier 2 Adult Weight Management Services, Health Checks, Smoking Cessation, etc. The team is the key partnership bridge into NHS and Social Care and leads the public health approaches to areas such as social prescribing and aging well.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Understand the local Tier 2 Adult Weight Management needs concerning Public Health support and define appropriate solutions and initiative where required. This includes the development of business cases and service specifications.
* Work with procurement colleagues in the delivery of appropriate tenders for Adults Team initiatives and Tier 2 Adult Weight Management initiatives and delivery ensuring the local authorities standing orders are adhered to.
* Implement and deliver evidence-based Public Health interventions and programmes that address the adults and Tier 2 Adult Weight Management portfolio of work, including adult profiles and influencing the implementation and sustainability of Tier 2 Adult Weight Management.
* To work at a strategic level translating high level policies and strategies and operationally when developing action plans for the delivery of policies and strategies.
* To develop appropriate programmes, support policies, support strategy development and deliver interventions in several public health areas wider than the Adults theme ensuring that all the themes link up.
Skills & Abilities
* Must be educated to a degree level in a relevant field.
* Experience in a similar role is preferred, but not essential.
* Experience of managing a team and coordination.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Observance of the City Council’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
Please submit your CV via the link and one of the team at HancoxRead will be in touch