Data Engineer - London | Zoek UK | 41b227
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
London, Greater London, England
Permanent (Full time)
AO PropTech is Europe's largest Proptech (property technology) venture capital firm which invests in technology start-up companies disrupting the real estate industry. A/O PropTech announced its latest €250mn vehicle in February 2020, with a unique permanent capital approach, a strategic real estate portfolio sandbox of over €32bn provided by its LPs and a unique approach to venture investing with a team of real estate, finance, data science and engineering professionals.
At A/O PropTech we have a stage, geographic, and segment agnostic investment approach: We back innovation from Series A onwards, in Europe, US and Israel and across all sectors of the RE industry (office, resi, hotels, logistics, construction, etc). We target companies who are enabling the industry, creating efficiencies, revenue growth opportunities and we also have a focus on technologies enabling the decarbonisation of the industry as well.
Through our strategic RE sandbox, we enable founders to test, pilot, iterate and scale disruptive tech-enabled products, services, and platforms and help them navigate the complexities of the real estate ecosystem at scale.
Shaped by decades of real estate asset investing and operations as well as data science management and technology experience, A/O Proptech's mission is to transform real estate into a more digital, efficient, and accessible asset class by applying innovative technologies and business models. A/O's vision is to improve quality of life, accelerate sustainable living, and enable the decarbonization of the largest asset class in the world.
Join Europe's leading proptech VC firm, with a diversified team of real estate, data science, technology, finance and engineering experts, focusing on disrupting the real estate industry. You will evaluate market leading global investment opportunities, get exposure to the next generation of innovative technologies disrupting the largest asset class in the world, and work closely with the founders in creating the industry's most comprehensive proptech start-up portfolio. Check out our investments here: ###### is a unique opportunity to join a passionate, diverse, and entrepreneurial team in a firm that values values, personal development, performance, freedom, responsibility and selflessness and with a platform that will accelerate your personal development, provide you with unique exposure and opportunities.
You will be working in our London office located in Marylebone
The right person will have:
· 2+ years of experience designing, building and maintaining data pipelines in a cloud environment (ideally with non-relational databases and AWS), and have the desire to grow those skills further
· BSc or equivalent experience in computer science, engineering, computational physics, mathematics or another field with strong computational curriculum. MSc/PhD in similar subjects desirable
· be highly skilled in Python and at least one scripting language
· be skilled in web scraping and other data gathering techniques
· experienced in data normalization/denormalization and analysis
· be flexible, and enjoy working in small teams to focus on specific time-bound projects.
· the ability to communicate the value of using data to form decisions and predictive modelling
· the ability to work and thrive in a highly demanding and intense environment
· excellent communication skills with ability to articulate concepts in plain English
· have a hunger to learn
· be excited to discuss ideas & share knowledge with their peers
· have a cross-functional interest in areas adjacent to data engineering, such as science, technology, business and of course, real estate and PropTech
· Define and develop high-quality data architectures and pipelines to serve business needs conveniently
· Define, optimise, and monitor cloud components
· Build data integration, transformation, and aggregation scripts
· Develop and implement automation scripts
· Monitor and improve the efficiency of scripts' runs
· Participate actively in all technological due diligence
· Interact with deal teams to understand business drivers and validate new data
· Maintenance of cloud infrastructure, data reporting tools and cloud security
· Develop and maintain integration between different software platforms (Atlassian, Affinity, Pitchbook, etc)
· Take ownership of collecting new data and refine our existing data sets
· Work on cutting edge data-related software engineering areas like embedded analytics or machine learning
· Perform exploratory and targeted data analyses and translate data analytics outcomes into clear visualizations
· Report on analytics findings to senior leadership
· End-to-end analysis including data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations