Embedded Software Engineer - Gloucester | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Embedded Software Engineer
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Ultra specialises in providing application-engineered bespoke solutions. We focus on our customers’ mission critical and intelligent systems in the defence, security, critical detection & control markets.
Embedded Software Engineer
Ultra Electronics Communication & Integrated Systems
About Ultra Group
Ultra is transforming. Our mission is to innovate today for a safer tomorrow. We are investigators, problem solvers, brilliant thinkers, relentless explorers. We are Ultra.
We provide innovative, mission-specific, bespoke technological solutions to our customers’ most complex problems. We provide systems for the maritime, C4ISTAR-EW (command, control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance, acquisition and reconnaissance – electronic warfare), military and commercial aerospace, nuclear, and industrial sensors markets.
With 4,000 employees, we span the globe and are listed on the London Stock Exchange
About Ultra CIS
Our engineers work on the most difficult cybersecurity challenges in order to protect our national security and critical infrastructure; we strive to protect what matters. It’s why we come to work. It’s what we are good at. We pride ourselves on providing state of the art development tools, an excellent working environment and career development opportunities.
Greenford or Gloucester.
Define, architect, design, develop, document and test embedded software.
* Architect, specify requirements, design, implement and test C and C++ embedded software in accordance with the project software development process to ensure high quality and timely software deliverables.
* Apply object oriented design techniques to enable code re-use and integration with testing frameworks
* Review and understand system design artefacts to enable the derivation of software requirements and architecture that meet the high-level system requirements.
* Design, document, review and maintain the software design using modelling tools such as RSA and EA, ensuring model can be used for accurate code generation as required.
* Develop and maintain knowledge of best practice development processes, language standards and tools, . TDD/BDD, Continuous Integration, DevOps, static and run-time analysis tools, C++ standards and secure software development.
* Significant experience of at least one of the following;
* Embedded product development (including bare-metal and RTOSes such as ThreadX, QNX or Linux)
* Embedded Linux application, kernel and/or driver development.
* C and C++
* Experience of DOORS, RSA, Enterprise Architect, UML and SysML (desirable)
* Excellent general written and verbal communications skills.
* Willing to undergo, and are able to achieve and maintain, SC and/or DV security clearance.
Every employee is critical to our success and as such we offer a range of flexible employee benefits along with career development opportunities for motivated and dedicated employees.
The Greenford office has an onsite restaurant and local transport links. In addition you will receive:
* 25 days holiday + bank holidays
* 4x your annual salary in life assurance
* Flexible benefits package (retail vouchers, gym discounts, employee share scheme, ability to buy or sell annual leave and more!)
* Pension Scheme
Please be aware that many roles working for Ultra will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we cannot acknowledge or respond to all applications. If you have not heard from us within 14 days, please assume you have, unfortunately, not been successful.
Here at Ultra we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusivity. Underpinned by our values, behaviours and policies, we want you to feel empowered to be the best version of yourself. We also believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures will increase our diversity of thinking, ensuring we successfully deliver to our customers.
We therefore do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also support requests for flexible working arrangements wherever possible