Digital Education - West Midlands - This Area Only | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Digital Education Training Manager
West Midlands - This Area Only
£575 - £600/day Inside IR35
Contract (Full time)
Digital Engineering Education Manager working for the client organisation on the UK's High Speed Rail project the role will contribute to the effective delivery of HS2 Digital Engineering Strategy across the business through supporting the Digital Engineering leadership team. They will support all upskilling, training and, communication related activities of the Digital Engineering programme to enable Digital Transformation and ensure that Digital Engineering strategy is successfully embedded internally within HS2 and across the supply chain and all relevant employees have relevant knowledge and expertise in applying Digital Engineering principles.
The role is intially sigend off for 8 months & start 23rd Aug.
Please note previous BIM / Digital Engineering experience although not essential, a technical background would be useful to grasp the complex technical concept and then help develop the online training material.
The post holder can decide the following:
Development of upskilling plan
Development of communications plan
Development of monthly reports
E-learning course design and content development
Frequency of Training Needs Analysis
Development of committee papers or procurement plans for business approval.
Key Dimensions of the role
* Develops the upskilling and communication plans by collating requirements from 4-5 function leads within Digital Engineering and a number of information managers in delivery functions
* Performs Training Needs Analysis; collates and feeds Phase 1 and Phase 2 training requirements into the Digital Engineering programme
* Supports delivery of Digital Engineering strategy across HS2 and in all locations
* Seek feedback from supply chain, including HS2’s main contracts, both in phase 1 and 2, on upskilling content
* Work with industry groups, the National College for High Speed Rail and relevant professional bodies to identify areas of upskilling the supply chain
Due to the pandemic the role is initially based from home and then will be based from Birmingham. Please note this is a flexible employer, and there will be an element of flexible working on offer –a mix of office & home working.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Work closely with the Digital Programme Manager, Digital Engineering Implementation Manager and Change and Benefits Manager to identify and deliver appropriate training and upskilling content against key milestones and maintain alignment with wider HS2 initiatives
* Maintain and deliver the Upskilling plan to ensure readiness for key milestones, both internally and externally with the supply chain
* Develop and deliver educational material and e-learning content for the Digital Engineering/BIM upskilling platform. This includes developing on-line training modules, identifying and working with others to lead on the storyboarding of content development and managing production of other digital and face-to-face learning materials.
* Administer the upskilling platform and manage the relationship with the platform supplier
* Review and monitor use of the upskilling platform and identify improvements based on feedback received from the users as well as site analytics
* Maintain and deliver the Digital Engineering communication plan and manage ongoing engagement for delivery of Digital Engineering related communications with internal employees and external supply chain and/or contribution to planned corporate initiatives
* Ensure current Digital Engineering communication channels, owned by the Digital Engineering team, are maintained and fit for purpose
* Support other external communications on social media, press, conference, industry events and manage Digital Engineering related queries received through events or through the BIM Mailbox
* Engage with academia, professional institutions and relevant industry players to promote our Digital Engineering Strategy and upskilling portal to support the wider strategic approach of upskilling the supply chain
* Support, where required, the National College for Advanced Transport & Infrastructure with Digital Engineering content development as part of HS2's wider commitment to Industry Digital Engineering and BIM Upskilling
* Actively promote and embed Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work, and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
Looking for a learning & development education manager who has experience developing online training material for a major organisation. Ideally have a technical, engineering / technology background so you will be grasp the complex technical concepts of BIM and Digital Engineering. You will have experience of content development, multi-media learning delivery & training needs analysis. Experience working on Digital Transformation programmes and understanding the impact transformation can have within an organisation would also be very useful.
Multi-media learning delivery
Content development (multiple formats and styles, including e-learning/ on-line training modules)
Learning outcome development
Training Needs Analysis
* Useful but not essential to have a knowledge of current Government BIM, Digital Engineering and Digital Twin strategies and codes of practice
* Skills gap analysis
* Learning and development management, including on- line training platform development and management
* Requirements gathering
* Learning design development, including approaches, tools and methodologies
* Supplier management
* Communications planning
Type of experience:
* Worked as part of Digital Transformation programmes and understanding the impact transformation can have within an organisation.
* Training provider
* Communication Lead
* Project planning and reporting
* Development and delivery of technical, digital and engineering related upskilling content
* Effective engagement and persuasive approach in dealing with decision makers at all levels