Development Consent/Order - Leeds - This Area Only | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Development Consent/Order Manager
Leeds - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
What you’ll be leading on
Here at Highways England we have an exciting opportunity for a Development Consents Order Manager (DCO) to join our Major Projects directorate. In this role you will provide support and work collaboratively with a group of Highways England regional project teams to deliver Development Consent Ordersacross major projects in the Road Investment Strategy so that legal and planning requirements and project delivery are met within Highways England’s delivery targets.
- Working collaboratively with multiple major project teams and their suppliers to deliver compliant, efficient and standard order submission documents.
- Working with a portfolio of project teams, drive robust and supportive planning of the deliverables, activities and resources needed to deliver Development Consent Orders, Highways Act 1980 orders and Compulsory Purchase Orders.
- Providing specialist training focused on technical area to project teams, suppliers and other contacts to drive upskilling across Highways England and the wider industry.
- Driving the capture, storage and cascade of knowledge, information, ideas and lessons with project teams and the wider industry so that Highways England influences and learns from best practice and experience.
- Influencing, endorsing or challenging internal reporting through providing technical intelligence, assurance and ownership of risks / opportunities to enable sound programme and portfolio management.
- Supporting on the identification and enablement of efficiency opportunities, encourage innovation and empowerment and inspire continuous improvement.
To be successful you’ll be:
- Experienced in and hold in depth knowledge of planning and managing statutory processes required to deliver nationally significant and major infrastructure projects in England, in particular those required under the Planning Act 2008.
- Understand the legislation, guidance, advice and relevant case and best practice related to the above processes
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of related processes, such as compulsory purchase / land acquisition, public consultation, environmental impact assessment.
- Experienced in working in a programme and project environment in line with APMP principles, working to support the delivery of specific milestones and outcomes.
- Experienced in of managing internal and external stakeholder relationships to achieve desired outcomes.
- Experienced in developing training, guidance, standards and discrete advice to staff and colleagues in the field of major infrastructure project
- A member of a relevant professional institution, . Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI), National Infrastructure Planning Association (NIPA), Compulsory Purchase Association (CPA), or equivalent by demonstrable experience
A bit about us
Regional Investment Programme, part of Highways England’s Major Projects Division, is responsible for delivering around 80 schemes worth in excess of £15bn that will enable economic growth and improve effectiveness of the strategic road network. These schemes and our mission is encompassed in the Road Investment Strategy 2 (RIS2) document that outlines our fully funded programme to 2025. We’ve stepped away from transactional project-based approaches to introduce portfolio management and regional accountability.
Why you should join us
At Highways England we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We're proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it - then you'll be a great fit for our organisation.
And finally, we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible.