September Vacancy - Foundation Phase Teacher
£85 - £110 per day + Additional Benefits
Teaching Personnel are currently seeking a qualified teacher to work within a specialist teaching facility in a large primary school in Swansea. The position is to start in September and will be up until the end of the academic year (2020) in the first instance, but is likely to continue.
We welcome applicants who:
- Have gained Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and are registered with the Education Workforce Council (EWC);
- Have specialised in the Foundation Phase or ALN setting or have significant experience of working in these areas;
- Are able to effectively utilise the Outdoor Classroom;
- Can confidently plan and delegate a daily routine for support staff within the classroom;
- Are either Newly Qualified Teachers (NQT's) or experienced classroom practitioners;
- Seek a long term position teaching a full timetable with the relevant time set aside for Planning, Preparation and Assessment (PPA).
The School has really embraced the Foundation Phase and seek an individual to join their Early Years & Specialist Teaching Department who will share their mission and targets. There is a strong emphasis on providing the children with 'hands-on' experiences and providing a rich and varied education. There will be a number of support staff within the classroom who will be able to support small group learning. The Outdoor Classroom is available to support the planning of lessons and any experience of utilising it effectively would be a great advantage.
Additional Information: As an EYFS teacher you would be working in day nurseries and also nursery or reception classes in an infant or primary school. The development areas typically covered will be:
- Personal, social and emotional development;
- Communication and language;
- Understanding the world;
- Physical development;
- Expressive arts and design.
Typical duties of a supply Teacher:
- Teach all areas of the Early Years Statutory Framework;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a safe and positive teaching environment;
- Plan and prepare activities that cater for the needs of the whole ability range within their class;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, and supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly in smaller schools and day-nurseries.
What can you expect from Teaching Personnel?
- A dedicated consultant;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Excellent pay rates (£100 - £110 per day)
- Long-term primary teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Refer a friend scheme.
Please contact Teaching Personnel for more information on this job vacancy, on ######### , or send a copy of your CV over to Chris to enquire about this job vacancy.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Posted 16 days ago