Quantity Surveyor - Maidstone | Zoek UK | 41fc19
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Maidstone, Kent, England
£45000 - £70000/annum £45k - £70k +Bens
Permanent (Full time)
Senior Quantity Surveyor
A principal contractor that has been established since the mid 1990’s that are financially secure having followed a controlled growth pattern and where they have heavily invested back within the business instead of borrowing. They have an extensive client base that has been developed from repeat business and recommendation. They complete a variety of projects to include refurbishment, alterations and extensions, new build and design & build projects with values ranging from £100k to £10m. Their clients are within the public and private sectors and projects completed include Health Care, Hospitals, Schools and Further Education, Office and Commercial, Laboratories and High Spec Residential.
Required to join their team and be office based with site visits as required. You will be responsible for projects under your remit ensuring effective financial control at all times, providing accurate, detailed management and performance information to ensure they complete within budget.
Key accountabilities include:
* Thoroughly check contract documentation to identify key surveying factors for the project (such as deadlines, onerous clauses, penalties, liquidated damages etc), and that contract documentation reflects the work that was tendered for. Highlight any discrepancies to client representatives
* Highlight any discrepancies and issues to the Operations director prior to the commencement of project
* Produce and keep up to date a procurement schedule for each project based on the contract documentation, ensuring that the schedule is kept fully up to date and annotated to indicate the current position in relation to each aspect of the schedule
* Based on the procurement schedule, send enquiries to subcontractors, and analyse quotes received to enable comparison prior to recommending to the Operations Director / Commercial Manager the most appropriate subcontractor for the work. Ensure that orders for work are placed at the right time to avoid delays and assist in the efficient delivery of the project.
* Monitor the progress of the project, visiting sites regularly, measuring and valuing works, ensuring payment within the terms agreed and ensuring effective communication with the Site Manager on all aspects of work.
* Produce monthly CVR reports for each project, in line with the standard templates provided, to provide accurate and relevant information that enables the overall progress and financial position of the project to be monitored effectively.
* Agree interim and final accounts with the sub-contractors and value final works, discussing any areas of variation and produce a valuation for the client representative.
* Carry out all duties in accordance with the companies polices, including health and safety and equality and diversity requirements.
* Have a relevant HNC/Degree in Quantity Surveying – Highly desirable but not essential
* Ideally, minimum of 10 years’ experience in similar role working for main contractor with annual turnover between £20 – £100 million.
* Experience within education and health sector highly beneficial
* Experience within a best-practice environment ideally within a medium/large sized contractor
* Have the ability to prioritise workload
* Ability to interpret detailed drawings and analyse information to make accurate and informed decisions
* Excellent communication and negotiation skills
* IT literate – Competent in the use of Excel and other Microsoft packages
* Keen to develop within a main contractor
* Stable work history
* Full UK Drivers Licence
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Surveyor looking to join a close knit team that offers stability and competitive salary.
Please forward a current CV in the first instance.
MSB Recruitment Ltd is an Employment Agency working within the building and civil engineering sector throughout the UK.
Quantity Surveyor / Assistant Quantity Surveyor / Senior Quantity Surveyor / QS / Commercial Manager