Senior Biomedical Scientist - Haematology & Transfusion
£42k - 51.3k per year + Bonus, relocation, accomm
We are seeking a committed and experienced Senior Biomedical Scientist to join our client's Haematology and Blood Transfusion team on the beautiful Island of Guernsey , in the Channel Islands.
Please note; Guernsey has adopted the Agenda for Change banding system, but have applied their own salary scale, as above. Combined with the lower income tax rate and no VAT this equates to a salary of over one band higher than the UK-equivalent Band. The current Guernsey Band 7 salary is up to £50,172 plus an annual bonus of £1,120 and higher penalty rates; 36% evening/Saturday and 72% Sunday/BH.
The Haematology Department uses the following platforms:
- Horiba Medical Pentra DX/DF
- Werfen TOP 300
- Ves-Matic 30 ESR processor
The Blood Transfusion Department uses the following platforms:
- IH-1000 Biorad grouping analyser
- Mirasol pathogen reduction system.
The States of Guernsey delivers a diverse range of healthcare services, diagnosing and treating patients within the hospital, and supporting people with disabilities in the wider community. Their Health Service provides excellent care, supported by modern equipment and Health Professionals recruited to a very high standard.
The island of Guernsey is in the Channel Islands and has a population of 65,000. It has some of Britain's finest and best-kept beaches , an especially mild and sunny climate , and an offbeat, historic harbour town in St. Peter's Port, the island's capital.
- Biomedical Scientist with full HCPC registration.
- Current or recent Band 6 or 7 experience (or independent sector equivalent) with a full range of Haematology and Transfusion skills.
- Proficient in providing training and supervision of junior scientific staff within the IBMS training guidelines. To work individually or as part of a small team.
The benefits of working in Guernsey include:
- First 3 months accommodation free
- A higher-than-UK salary.
- A £1,120 annual bonus.
- A flat rate 20% income tax.
- No Council tax or VAT
- A relocation payment of £5,000*
- On-site Staff Accommodation or a generous allowance for private rental accommodation*
- A continental lifestyle, where the people are friendly, and crime is very low. *Full T&C in relocation directive
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit jarrodean.com
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.
Posted 15 days ago