Senior Manager - East London | 30076 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Senior Manager, Company Matters
East London, Greater London, England
Permanent (Full time)
Senior Manager - 6 month FTC
Our award-winning company secretarial business – Company Matters, is one of the largest company secretarial providers in the UK and is well-known for its expertise in corporate governance advisory services and company secretarial administration.
We support domestic and international clients with all aspects of their company secretarial and governance needs and have a long-standing reputation of providing class-leading services to UK listed businesses. Our particular specialism is supporting companies through IPOs and working with Investment Trusts.
As a Senior Manager you will be expected to make a strategic and commercial contribution to our business, bringing senior company secretarial and managerial skills to the team. To support the Director and to work collectively with other Managers to enable us to meet our business plan and develop the capabilities of our highly skilled team.
Key Accountabilities and Main Responsibilities:
- Leadership: drive and support execution of strategic vision. Lead the team/function, deploy resources and ensure delivery against key objectives. Apply management and business skills in working with clients and/or in own function.
- Line management responsibilities for member(s) of the management team, providing guidance on oversight of workflows, HR functions, performance management and professional development processes.
- Ensure that Managers are supported in their development and provided with stretching opportunities.
- Set an example (and ensure that Managers are setting an example) to all team members, encouraging behaviours that foster good team spirit, support individual and team development and align with the expectations of both the business and the Senior Management Team.
- Provide leadership on high profile clients, bringing gravitas and experience to the board room when required.
- Bring project management experience to both internal and client projects, ensuring that the delivery is undertaken by team members at the appropriate level.
- Propose and initiate change where appropriate within team/function and implement wider change initiatives as advised. Recognise that changes in one part of a system have implications elsewhere and plan accordingly. Communicate current and future opportunities to senior management, engage stakeholders.
- Oversee the overall profitability and quality of workflows undertaken by the teams working closely with the Team Managers to resolve delivery issues, fee negotiations and work allocations across all sites.
- Support the Team Managers with their development responsibilities acting as a point of support to the Team Managers for people related matters to include but not limited to performance management and appraisals and objective setting.
- Contribute to the direction of the business in terms of the development/retention of our client base particularly around capturing upsell opportunities, the shaping and evolution of our services and our profile in the market place and within the business.
- Raise the profile of our team and our service offering through internal and external events and initiatives, including panel participation, making presentations, networking, etc.
- Identify and secure high margin new business in line with the agreed business development strategy, thus enabling us to meet our new business targets.
- Work closely with the Technical Committee and senior management to suggest potential new service lines.
- Contribute to the running and development of internal processes to ensure the business meets its internal financial and risk reporting obligations.
- Monitor and ensure that staff comply with the policies and procedures of the Company. Ensure relevant KPIs are within defined limits and monitored on a regular basis.
- Achieve and maintain a strong understanding of relevant legal and regulatory requirements
- Build strong working relationships across our teams in London and Exeter and with other parts of our business..
- Ensure that key risks to the business are monitored, identifying areas of increasing risk and contributing to the development of risk mitigation processes, where required.
Experience & Personal Attributes:
- ACG/FCG or equivalently qualified as a Lawyer and/or Accountant
- Senior Corporate Governance, Advisory, Company Secretarial experience demonstrated at Board level
- Commercial awareness and a genuine desire to directly contribute to the commercial success of our business
- Understanding of the professional services model
- Strong presentational and communication skills
- Business development experience or appropriate transferable skills
- Desire to work within a dynamic and fast past environment.
- A self-starter who is able to motivate and discipline themselves.
- Proven people management experience with the ability to lead, develop and motivate our management team
- Ability to relate to individuals at all levels and a willingness to take a hands-on role when necessary.
- The ability to contribute to business discussions and bring suggestions to the senior management team.
- Experience of advising listed companies.
Additional experience that would be of benefit to our business:
- IPO experience
- International experience / global compliance experience
- Investment company / fund experience
- Transactional experience, . M&A, fund raisings, capital reductions, rationalisation programmes
- Professional services experience
- Business development experience
- Experience of leading governance reviews / board effectiveness programmes