AC Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer - Hertford | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
AC Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Hertford, Hertfordshire, England
£37000 - £40000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
AC - Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Data Centre Hertfordshire
A AC Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer is wanted for a well well-established specialist Integrated Services Partner that delivers innovative Property & Facilities Management solutions to mainly the Private & Public sectors globally, including Complex & Emerging Markets.
AC Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
As an AC Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer, you will be based at a data centre in Hertfordshire where you will oversee a team, in short you will be expected to have sound mechanical and electrical knowledge that you can draw from in your previous experience of working in an FM service provider background.
* Ensure that routine PPM is carried out to all mechanical & Electrical plant in accordance with Site task schedules and asset lists.
* Ensure that reactive tasks throughout the building are completed and be proactive in highlighting areas where improvements can be made. These reactive calls to also include concessionary stores and fabric related items.
* Ensure that sub-contractors perform to meet the requirement of the contract. Administer sub-contractor work approvals and safe operation while repair or service is carried out on site.
* To operate a Permit to Work System in accordance with OGS Quality, Health & Safety procedures and client requirements.
* Ensure that plant faults and defects are swiftly remedied to maintain plant in serviceable order at all times.
* Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out both maintenance and reactive works. To provide parts lists and estimated timescales to carry out remedial works.
* Ensure that routine PPM is carried out to all R&AC plant in accordance with Site task schedules and asset lists.
* Complete all logbooks and F-Gas registers as required in order to ensure fully compliance with law and approved code of practice.
* Ensure that all relevant paperwork is completed regarding reactive and breakdown works and that it is passed without delay to the contract administrator.
* Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared and used for all tasks undertaken to ensure safe working practices at all times.
* To develop a good working relationship with all members of OGS staff, subcontractors and the client representatives.
* Ensure the provision of a Safe and Healthy working environment. To include the wearing of uniform and PPE at all times.
* Ensure the professional image of OGS is presented to clients at all times
* Ensure that all plant rooms under the responsibility of OGS are locked at all times and are kept in a clean and tidy condition.
* Supervising and monitoring of sub-contractors works whilst they are on site undertaking maintenance.
* Ensure assigned tasks are actioned and completed as appropriate.
* To ensure tasks as directed are completed with the appropriate H&S awareness/implementation.
* Ensure an awareness and compliance to the contractual KPI’s/SLA’s.
* Ensure Computer Based Maintenance system, . Maximo, is kept up to date and that PPM and reactive tickets are closed out with accurate data captured.
* To operate a Permit to Work System in accordance with OGS Quality, Health & Safety procedures and client requirements (or approved client system).
* Any other task as directed by the Site management team.
* Ensure the engineering team on site produce required near miss reports, dynamic risk assessments and detailed records of site activities, and ensuring any non-compliance is challenged and escalated where necessary.
* To proactively check the operation of the LOTO system in accordance with OGS Quality, Health & Safety procedures and client requirements.
Skills / qualifications:
* good basic education is essential, with good written and spoken English and basic Mathematics skills.
* NVQ/C&G level 2 (preferably level 3) in refrigeration and air conditioning.
* Fully qualified as F-Gas engineer (C&G 2079 Cat1)
* Formal H&S Qualifications
* Electrically qualified