Secondary SEN Teaching Assistant | Zoek
Secondary SEN Teaching Assistant
Milton Keynes, England
£57 - 70 per day
Permanent (Full time)
Looking for a new SEN Teaching Assistant role? Looking to kick start your career in Education? We would love to help…
We are currently recruiting for an SEN Teaching Assistant in the Milton Keynes region. The position is at a specialist SEN school that caters for young people include ASD, ADHD, Complex needs, obsessive compulsive disorder and attachment disorders. The school believes that all young people should be provided with appropriate education in a safe, stable, containing learning environment. Special needs teaching assistants are given opportunities to succeed through the use of highly personalised individual education plans to help support their students.
To succeed in this role you will need the following...
- An interest in education and in working with children
- Good communication and 'people' skills
- The ability to work well as part of a team
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Tact and sensitivity
- A responsible attitude
- The ability to be firm when necessary
- Willingness to help with pupils' personal care needs
Your work as a special needs teaching assistant would depend on the age of the children and their individual needs, but would typically involve:
- Supporting schoolwork under the supervision of the teacher
- Preparing learning resources
- Encouraging children's confidence, self esteem and independence
- Helping children understand instructions, through repetition, re-phrasing or demonstrating
- Putting into practice individual education, social, behavioural and personal care programmes
- Encouraging children to communicate with one another and with staff
- Providing feedback and assistance to teachers
- Supporting children in social activities and on outings
- Assisting children during therapy sessions
- Recognising signs of distress in children and offering reassurance
- Attending to pupils' physical needs
- Completing records
YOUR LONG TERM PROSPECTS
- With experience you may be able to progress to a senior assistant job. You may be able to take on more responsibility by applying for training and assessment for Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) status
- When you are fully experienced as a special needs teaching assistant, you may be able to study for a foundation degree. These are offered by a number of colleges and universities
- After completing a foundation degree you might be able to progress to a related honours degree which could provide a route for qualifying as a primary school teacher
Teaching Personnel are the UK’s leading Education Recruitment Agency and we are recruiting for similar vacancies across Milton Keynes.
In order to register with Teaching Personnel, candidates are required to have Child Workforce DBS registered on the update service. All candidates are required to complete a Safeguarding course through Teaching Personnel, or provide a relevant safeguarding certificate during your registration process. All offers are conditional upon satisfactory vetting checks and references.
If you are interested in this role then please contact Harry at Teaching Personnel on######### .
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Posted 6 days ago