Bank Child Psychologist The Portland - Portland | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Bank Child Psychologist The Portland Hospital
Portland, Dorset, England
Contract (Full time)
Bank Child Psychologist
We are seeking a qualified and compassionate Child Psychologist to join our multidisciplinary therapy team. You may work with children suffering from a wide range of disorders, . ADHD, anxiety, depression, and autism, to children who are recovering from brain injuries secondary to accidents. You will be required to work in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
The successful candidate must have the knowledge and skills to provide quality care to our clients and their families. You will need to be well-versed in the most recent research on child and adolescent therapies.
We are recruiting for Child Psychologists to join our Bank to work at The Portland Hospital. The hourly Bank rate is £ per hour and we are flexible in terms of hours & days.
Child Psychologist Responsibilities:
- Conduct psychological assessments and/or tests for diagnostic purposes.
- Develop an individualized treatment plan for each child.
- Educate family members on what they can do for their child or how to respond to certain behaviors.
- Recommend rehabilitation or intervention programs to overcome addiction issues.
- Provide complete documentation and records of assessments and treatments according to in-house policies.
Child Psychologist Requirements:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in psychology, a graduate degree in psychology, and finally a . or. . in clinical or child psychology.
- Candidates at post-doctoral level may be preferred.
- Several years’ practical experience working with children in a clinical setting is required.
- Must be approachable and empathic for children to be comfortable working with you.
- Must be knowledgeable of different therapeutic methods and be able to switch between different approaches to meet each child’s needs.
- Excellent communication skills, specifically the ability to communicate with children of different ages and from different cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Adhere to all professional, ethical, and legal regulations as determined by relevant regulatory bodies and the law.
- Willingness to attend team meetings, as well as seminars on topics relevant to our client base.