Cloud Backend Developer - Eastleigh | 30076 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Cloud Backend Developer
Eastleigh, Hampshire, England
25600.0000 - 40000.0000
Permanent (Full time)
Job Title: Cloud Backend Developer
Salary Range:up to £40,000 depending on experience
Cloud Backend Developer: We have an exciting opportunity to join the Data Science & Analytics team at Ageas as a Backend Developer. As a member of the Data Science and Analytics team within the EDS function you will play a key role in the deployment and growth of Agile Data Products within the Ageas organisation. You will be a member of a small agile team of developers committed to the building, testing and production of both prototype and production data and analytics solutions across all areas of the organisation. There will be a heavy focus on a cloud-first development approach.
As a Backend Developer you will be responsible for understanding and translating business requirements as well as consulting with customers on the 'art of the possible' for data solutions. By collaborating on, designing and building agile "Test and Learn" solutions whilst working closely together with customer product owners we are able to offer valuable insight into the future feasibility of large scale projects as well as implement quick wins for a customer base who rely heavily on data solutions.
The ideal candidate should have a background in programming with web development and python experience being desirable. Whilst not needing to be able to understand data science concepts, familiarity or interest in this area is extremely desirable.
Main Responsibilities as Cloud Backend Developer:
- UI / UX design and build. (NodeJS / Python)
- Creation of data solutions using Azure cognitive services.
- Building containerised solutions (Docker / AKS)
- Work closely with Product Owners / Customer Leads to understand functional / non-functional requirements of a system / service / product.
- Proactively exploring opportunities to add value to the overall organisation.
- Participate in the design and development of "Test and Learn" prototype products and data solutions.
- Work closely with the Data Science team to implement Advanced Analytical models into products where appropriate.
- Liaise with Data Engineering and Architecture colleagues for guidance in building sustainable and reusable solutions.
- Liaise with data / analytics SME's within the organisation to facilitate delivery of expert content.
- Contribute to the Ageas Data and Analytics community with ideas / comments / created content
Skills and experience you need as Cloud Backend Developer
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field, is preferred but not essential
- Previous experience in software development and / or data solutions
- Experience with Python
- Experience with / css
- Experience with Github / Azure Dev Ops
- Experience with Public Cloud Computing environments is essential. Microsoft Azure is highly desirable
- Experience of creating, managing and maintaining REST API web services is highly desirable
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to multitask and work well under pressure.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy within the Cloud Backend Developer role based in Eastleigh:
- A competitive pension for which Ageas will pay twice the amount.
- Generous amount of holidays with the option to buy up to 5 additional days.
- Annual Salary review.
- Discretionary annual bonus based on personal and company performance.
- Life assurance of 4 x salary with the option to flex up.
- Return to work programme scheme.
- Flexible benefits package (private medical insurance, health and dental plans, free life assurance policy, discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme as well as discounts with a wide range of retailers through our partner ).
- Support groups- well-being activities, yoga, mindfulness sessions, Sports and Social Club events and more.
About Ageas:With a history of almost 200 years we pride ourselves on being a leading provider of award-winning insurance solutions in the UK. We've scooped a Gold Standard Insurance Award for the last nine years running and received a five star defaqto rating for offering the highest quality products in the market.
We take pride in creating a supportive, inclusive and safe environment, encouraging people to bring 100% of themselves to work every day and where our people are our most valuable asset. With over 2,800 employees based across our offices in Bournemouth, Eastleigh, Gloucester, London and Manchester, our people help Ageas create a thriving, creative and innovative place to work, which is echoed in the service we provide to over five million customers.
Our purpose is clear: To understand people + simplify insurance. We live and breathe our values - we care and respect those around us; we dare to push our boundaries, we deliver what we promise, above all, we learn together, inspire others and share success.
As a fully inclusive employer, we encourage anyone regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation to apply and join a great company. We are fully committed to inclusion and diversity more broadly and as proud Partners of Bourne Free - Bournemouth Pride, a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a signatory of the Women in Finance and Race at Work Charter and the Insurance Inclusion Pledge and members of the Business Disability Forum and Global Taskforce for Disability and also partners of the Rays of Sunshine Charity, we will continue to raise awareness and support of all inclusion and diversity activities.
As a disability confident employer, we encourage anyone with a disability to apply.