Community Support Patrol Team Leader
Grimsby, Lincolnshire, England
£11 per hour
Environmental Protection Team Leader
If you care about your local environment, then this is the job for you!
We are looking for a self-motivated and enthusiastic person to join our team as an Environmental Protection Team Leader.
The role will require you to lead by example and provide front line leadership, resilience and back office support to your Environmental Protection Team. Your team will be responsible for patrolling the borough working in line with the relevant local authority's deployment strategy and issuing Fixed Penalty Notices to offenders in contravention of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and Anti-Social Behaviour Crime and policing act 2014.
- Assist the Council in relation to the investigation of complaints made by members of public.
- Daily liaison with the Council.
- Provide statistical data to the Council and deal with Freedom of Information Requests.
- Leading from the front and issuing Fixed Penalty Notices whilst in your front line role.
- Monitor conduct and performance of the Team.
- Ensure the smooth running of the team.
- Provide theory and front line training to new team members.
- Provide on the ground support as and when required.
- Documentation of processes across the Enforcement teams.
- Keep up to date with legislations and relay this information to the team.
- Conduct Officer Appraisals.
- Compile initial Prosecution File and Liaise with Local Authority Legal Team.
- Any other reasonable task under Instruction of Operations Manager.
- Produce statistical reports on a daily, monthly and yearly basis.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in a similar leadership role is essential.
- Knowledge of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and Anti-Social Behaviour Crime and policing act 2014.
- The ability to communicate with offenders, often in demanding circumstances in a professional manner.
- Previous experience in a customer service role and handling difficult situations in a professional manner.
- Good organisational skills are essential.
- Must be positive, focused and have the ability to motivate a team.
- Must have the fortitude to increase productivity.
- Must enjoy working in the outdoors and in all weather conditions.
- PC Literate is essential (Excel and Word packages).
- Full UK Driving Licence and own reliable transport is advantageous but not essential.
- Will be work independently and on own initiative to carry out the enforcement role.
- Excellent communication skills are required both written and spoken.
You will be required to provide a full five-year checkable employment history and be willing to undergo a DBS.
Examples of our fantastic colleague welfare includes: -
Great people management
Pension and real time access, includes Perkbox (a bunch of freebies)
A real career pathway
Professional development training / via Skills centre
Company award scheme
Awards & Commendations
- Colleague Zone web portal
At Kingdom we take pride in our ability to develop our employees beyond their starting role within the company. Working in partnership with Skill Centre we will make sure you meet all the requirements for your role as well as using existing funding programmes to open up a whole host of career opportunities for you. The qualifications on offer include courses such as First Aid, Customer Services, Team Leading and Conflict Management to name but a few and you will be supported on your training journey with access to the latest e-learning software and equipment.
Posted 25 days ago