Support Worker Bank
Up to £9 per hour
Shift patterns Various Shift Patterns available from 9am including sleeping nights.
- CONTRACTS AVAILABLE
About this Job
- Voyage Specialist Healthcare, part of Voyage Care, provides complex home care services for adults and children. These high quality services allow our clients to remain independent in the comfort of their own home, without compromising on the quality of their care.
- An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Health Care Support Worker to provide clinical care to the people we support in the CB4 area of Cambridge.
- You will contribute to the effective and efficient delivery of care for patients with complex health needs, alongside their families and significant others.
- Your role will be to ensure that the people we support have their personal and healthcare needs met at home.
- You will be required to follow the instructions of the support plans ensuring dignity and safety at all times.
- The post holder will need to be dynamic, innovative, forward thinking and confident to sensitively challenge conventional thinking.
- You will also be required to:
Communicate effectively with the company, patients and their families. To record and report on Health and care needs. To ensure that the people we support with additional needs receive appropriate care as directed from the specialists involved in their care. To attend and participate in mandatory training as directed by company policy and the clinical manager. Be aware of the national, regional and company policies and procedures relating to Safeguarding, health and safety, confidentiality and data protection and report concerns to an appropriate person. Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the company Demonstrate and promote commitment to equal opportunities and to the eliminations of behaviour and practices that could be discriminatory.
To provide care of a medical nature such as:
Manage and administer Medications Airway management Suction Oxygen therapy Epilepsy care and management Manage and administer emergency medications Gastrostomy care and feeding Moving and handling needs Maintain accurate and confidential health records
- Driver Preferred
- The ideal candidate will have some experience in care and working with Children and/or young adults, but full training will be given for the right candidate.
- We offer a great range of benefits which include:
Paid DBS, Training & Holidays ** Refer a friend from £250 £750 (T&Cs Apply)
Benefits are dependent on contract type
- No experience is necessary as all of our staff receive training tailored to the needs of the people they support. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a motivated and determined team.
- Click Apply to complete our one page applicationAll applications & CVs received are reviewed on a daily basis.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG check and Regulated Activity which will include a check against the Barred adult list.
- Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010
Posted 47 days ago