£45k per year
Job type: Permanent
Newable works to unleash the extraordinary potential of Britain's business men and women. We provide a range of products and services that help people start up, sustain and scale their businesses. Newable is looking to appoint an Innovation Adviser to join a dynamic Business and Innovation Advisory Team.
Main Purpose of the Innovation Adviser:
The main purpose of the job is to make a significant contribution to the competitiveness of ambitious, high-growth businesses in London by providing tailored support under the Innovate2succeed (i2s) programme to enhance their innovation management capacity. You will also work flexibly across our other Enterprise Europe Network and Horizon 2020 programmes.
Responsibilities of the Innovation Adviser:
- Identifying innovative businesses with the highest growth potential for commercialisation their ideas
- Use holistic analysis tools to diagnose and assess client needs and provide tailored support to address these needs, including
- Acting as a strategic coach and mentor to clients to support them in developing their own long-term innovation strategy
- Assisting clients to prioritise issues and identify potential courses of action
- Support clients to embed principles of sustainable development
Requirements of the Innovation Adviser:
- You will need to have wide-ranging, senior level experience in commercialising innovation, be of graduate calibre, together with business acumen and a desire to share your experience with high growth companies. As an experienced business person, you will use your knowledge and experience to assist SME owners, directors and managers overcome barriers to exploiting their ideas commercially.
- A background of working with SMEs and the ability to demonstrate empathy for entrepreneurial culture and to build effective relationships at Board level are crucial. You will be a confident networker and be able to build professional relationships with private sector business support providers at local level. Excellent communication and presentation skills are essential.
- You should have experience of supporting innovative SMEs to commercialise their IP or of other areas of small business growth, preferably spanning both the public and private business support environment.
- Knowledge and experience in working with the following sectors desirable: Tech, Creative, Digital and Urban.
CV Applications will not be considered.
If you feel like you meet the above criteria for the Innovation Adviser, then please apply now!
Newable is committed to equal opportunities for all, irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other protected grounds. Disabled people who meet all of the essential criteria will be invited to interview.
Posted 35 days ago