PL - Cardiff | 617 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
PL -Flight Engineer
Permanent (Full time)
Purpose of role
Collate and interrogate information from asset monitoring equipment and make arrangements to attend where alarms demand as necessary. Provide support to maintenance teams in response to alarms, alerts and scheduled maintenance activities. Undertake inspection, faulting, maintenance and renewal work to relevant standards. Manage attendance at failures/incidents in a timely manner to minimise any impact on safety or performance.
What will this role involve
- Establish and maintain appropriate safety arrangements for staff under your control including Contractors.
- Carry out work safely and in accordance with the safe systems of work procedures, method statements or other relevant instructions.
- Undertake work and associated duties for which you are trained and competent including external to the signal control centre.
- Monitor information arising from remote condition monitoring equipment and liaise as required with Controls, Section Managers and Engineers on fault analysis, response and prioritisation of entry into fault management systems.
- Input details of reported faults and incidents as they occur on the CVL network into the appropriate system. Manage the attendance of personnel competent to rectify the fault or manage the incident at site. Liaise with and assist those responding during their attendance and update and manage entries to close out of faults/ incidents in the system.
- Undertake and direct work activities in a safe and efficient manner and in accordance with all relevant standards.
- Control and check the quality of work undertaken and confirm assets are compliant to standards.
- Check that the staff under your control have the appropriate and valid competencies.
- Check that vehicles, plant, tools, equipment and materials under your control are fit for use and are used/stored and disposed of correctly.
- Accurately report all work completed/not completed and produce/maintain records as required.
- Contribute to your own development and that of others.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
What are we looking for
- Experience of arranging and implementing safe systems of work.
- Experience of organising and controlling the safe and efficient delivery of work.
- Able to demonstrate, promote and embed safe working behaviours within the team.
- Able to lead, motivate and direct a team.
- Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge and experience of signalling inspection, faulting, maintenance and renewal techniques.
- Knowledge of relevant standards, procedures and instructions.
- Hold and retain competencies relevant to this post, required by business need.
- Ideally hold (or be working towards) an NVQ level 2 or 3 (or equivalent) in a relevant subject or have attained the appropriate level of knowledge gained through equivalent relevant experience.
- Able and willing to drive vehicles as required by business need.
About Amey in Wales
AIW operations the infrastructure maintenance of the Core Valley Line (CVL) in Wales and you can influence the future of Welsh infrastructure.
Find this job and thousands more on
Logging you in...