Support Worker - Ty Carreg
Vale of Glamorgan
Orbis Education and Care is an exciting and rapidly growing Welsh business which exists to work with Children and Adults who have needs associated with autistic spectrum conditions.
- Ty Carreg provides a safe, happy and stimulating environment, within a framework of lifelong learning, backed up with a holistic therapeutic approach that incorporates Positive Behavioural Support and Active Support principles. Staff are experienced and trained in supporting individuals with complex needs, and they value the individuality of the adult's.
- Key tasks and Responsibilities:
- Encourage individuality, confidence, and self-esteem in those we support, optimising their quality of life, promoting their independence.
- Support young people in a range of educational and vocational activities both on-site and in the wider community
- Provide a range of support tasks such as personal care, and develop their domestic and social skills.
- More than any of that we provide you with an opportunity to feel a sense fulfilment every day!
- *Support Worker -Ty Carreg, Aberthaw. *
- Full time: 37.5 Hours Per Week shifts to include evenings and weekend.
- Salary: £8.21 per hour - £9.25 per hour Dependant on experience in Healthcare + Overtime and enhanced benefits.
- Permanent Contract.
Who do we want? We want to speak to you if you have the following qualities;
- Attitude and Values
- Respectful of other people regardless of background or perceived abilities and non-judgemental when faced with behaviours that challenge
- Self-reflective and the willingness to accept feedback and criticism
- Strong desire to learn, develop and to help others to do the same, colleagues and the people we work with and an effective team player and who has the ability to motivate and support others
- Awareness of Positive Behaviour Support and under-pinning principles
- Good communication skills and the ability to relate well to other people
- Comfortable using different types of communication methods and the ability to listen with more than your ears
- The above are our most important criteria, critical to the delivery of quality support, in addition you will also have the following skills;
- Comprehensive two-week induction programme including training in PBS, understanding Autism, Picture exchange communication systems, Visual timetables and PBM.
- Funded learning opportunities consistent with current best practice
- The opportunity to work towards a BTEC in Positive Behavioural Support
- Opportunity to achieve additional specific qualifications relevant to your role or your chosen development pathway
- Excellent progression opportunities in a growing and developing organisation
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Paid sick leave
- Death in service/life cover
- Perk Box- over 200 savings updated monthly
- Refer a friend scheme
- 28 days annual leave which increases with long service
- Excellent overtime opportunities with enhanced rates and a range of other benefits.
- We will cover the cost of the DBS Check
- Free Tea/Coffee
- Free uniform
- Free on-site parking
- Click apply and a member of our recruitment team will give you a call to discuss your expression of interest.
Posted 6 days ago