IT Service Desk Analyst
Portsmouth - This Area Only
£17/hour This role is inside IR35
Contract (Full time)
I am looking for an experienced Service Desk Analysts be home-based and to work in the Portsmouth office of a Hampshire-based client to provide a 1st line technical support and remote assistance to the company’s employees.
Candidates must be available to cover the hours between 08:00 and 17:30, Monday to Friday and this will be on a shift rotation system. As part of a larger team, you will be working with other members of the support function and management, engaging regularly in online team meetings and catch up calls.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential along with Best Practice Customer Service and proven experience of supporting and testing hardware (PCs, laptops and printers) and software issues. Knowledge of Windows 10, 8 & 7/Office 2016, 2013 & 2010/Active Directory administration/Networking principles/SCCM/App-V ###### Microsoft or A+ certification will be beneficial.
The role will be initially be based in the Portsmouth-based office for induction and training and could potentially move to a home-based scenario after a few weeks.
Your experience will include:
* Excellent technical and customer service skills, including empathy and patience.
* Self-motivating, enthusiastic and positive personality, able to work as part of a team or individually and must be comfortable working with customers remotely.
* Good communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to adapt communication styles to suit different situations and audiences.
* Strong service-oriented can do' attitude committed to meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
* The desire and ability to work constructively and effectively as part of the Helpdesk team, providing an excellent level of service to customers.
* Ability to prioritise, organise and manage workloads without supervision, taking personal responsibility for Tech issues and contributing towards the smooth running of the Tech Helpdesk.
* Attention to detail, thoroughness in all aspects of work and pride in working to the highest possible standards.
* Ability to work well under pressure, maintaining personal effectiveness, efficiency and resilience in challenging situations and a dynamic environment.
* Proficiency in compiling and sharing technical knowledge to fellow team members.
For this role you will require:
* Proven IT Service Desk Experience
* Experience of a Service Management tool
* Active Directory/Windows administration.
* Microsoft Office - intermediate/advanced
* Windows 7 & and 10
* Exchange Admin experience.
* Able to provide excellent customer experience.
* Tenacity in pursuing resolution of difficult issues.
* Ability to manage relationships with customers, colleagues and suppliers.
* Find and deliver solutions that are creative, fit for purpose and achieve fantastic outcomes for customers.
* Creating documentation in a clear and concise way and following best practice.
* Positive and energetic
* A major contributor, who is committed to team success.
Experience of the following would be beneficial:
* RSA Token Management
* Mobile Device Management
If you are available and looking for a contract support opportunity being part of a great team AND working from home then please send me your CV ASAP for review and tell me why you would be ideal for this role.
Avocet Strategic Resourcing is acting as an employment agency in regard to this role. Please note that every application received is personally reviewed by our team - We do not use automated screening tools. On occasion, a high volume of applicants will mean that we are unable to respond personally to your individual application and should this be the case, please accept our apologies in advance.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this role