Harlington, Greater London, England
Permanent (Full time)
TCR operates in the most inspiring international airports. The world literally lies at our feet
Here at TCR, we enable aircraft to take off and land, enabling millions of people and parcels, and millions of pieces of baggage and cargo to reach destinations around the world every day.
We are the leading global provider of integrated solutions for Ground Support Equipment (GSE) in aviation. We are headquartered in Belgium and have approximately 1200 employees and are operational in over 100 airports in 16 countries throughout Europe, Asia Pacific and the USA
Qualification: Apprentice technician NVQ Level 2
About the programme
This apprenticeship is a unique opportunity to learn and become a qualified technician in a hands-on role. You’ll be trained on all aspects of the day to day activities that surround the repair and maintenance of airport ground service equipment – earning whilst you’re learning, and supported by experienced colleagues – this a great introduction to a career in mechanical and electrical engineering.
Safety is of the utmost importance, so you will be given protective equipment and weather resistant clothing. You need to be flexible and adaptable to different shift times, and be happy working indoors and outdoors, whatever the weather and whatever the time.
With extensive training, support and the hands on experience you’ll gain, this programme will give you everything you’ll need to gain the Apprentice Technician NVQ level 2 qualification.
* To carry out tasks relevant to repairing and maintaining all types of ground service equipment
* To assist qualified technicians with servicing, repairs and maintenance
* Develop skills, experience and knowledge through class based coursework and hands-on practical work as part of a recognised qualification
* To be responsible for the safety of yourself and others, using necessary protective equipment (PPE)
* Good practical skills, with a keen interest in mechanics, with the ability to carry out tasks to a high standard
* Team orientated
* Can-do attitude
* Evident interest and enthusiasm
* Committed to learning
Five GCSE at grade A*-C (9-4) or equivalent, including English, Maths, Science and IT
We are able to accept applications from candidates who have a valid legal permit or right to work in the United Kingdom only