Darlington - This Area Only
38.0000 - 51.0000
Contract (Full time)
Pay Rate: £ PAYE or £ Umbrella
Start Date: November 2021 - November 2022
Work Location: Darlington,
Advantage Resourcing are working with a strong manufacturing business who are actively seeking a Project Manager with an Engineering background. We are looking for a hands on Project manager with little or no delegation to colleagues in running, design, build/construction, installation & commissioning of turnkey capital projects of up to £3M
Summary: Plan, direct, or coordinate activities in such fields as engineering, research and development, financial systems and product roll-out, etc or any other non-IT based project.
A background in Industrial, Petrochem, Oil & Gas or construction background BUT NOT multimillion pound projects as this is a hands on Project Management type role.
You will need the ability to resolve on the ground, real time issues themselves
Have the ability to see the bigger picture but enough relevant technical knowledge to recommend fixes and solutions
Be honest and reliable who can manage situations and report back to a wide group of internal Stakeholders within the business with the reality of the project and it's stage
* Manages, develops, and implements project(s) of varying complexity and size in assigned functional area. Partners with business stakeholders to ensure a successful project completion.
* Leads multiple projects from inception to completion; facilitates project planning sessions with internal stakeholders to determine the scope and objectives of each project; works with business stakeholders to establish project performance goals; designs project plan, develops timeline, identifies project milestones, and tracks performance against performance goals and timeline.
* Identifies, tracks, and works with others to resolve project issues.
* Monitors and communicates project status to project team.
* Plans and monitors project budget, conducts research and analysis; provides input into the design and development of project plans and timelines.
* Manages project risk; uses quality tools to identify areas of risk; works with others on the team and outside the team to identify alternatives or solutions.
* Documents and shares team learnings with other teams; draws on other project team experiences to enhance the success of the project.
* Maintains project notes, databases, and other records; monitors measures and communicates with Project Sponsor and other stakeholders on status of specific projects and assignments.
* Identifies and assigns appropriate resources to accomplish various project tasks; guides and coaches team members through various stages of the project; provides developmental feedback to team members.
* University degree engineering.
* Previous project management experience required
Skills and Competencies
* Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills
* Ability to work independently and manage one's time
* Knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
* Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and production methods
* Knowledge of computer software, such as MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, etc.
Advantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy.