Defendant Personal Injury Barrister | Zoek
Defendant Personal Injury Barrister
Work From Home
£40k - 55k per year
Permanent (Full time)
The Defendant PI Barrister
Salary: £40,000 - £55,000
The Defendant PI Solicitor will be responsible for dealing with delegated work within their own areas of competence, ideally with Claimant and Defendant experience and achieve performance targets as set by the practice.
DEFENDANT EXPERIENCE ESSENTIAL FOR THIS ROLE
The Head of Department will provide expert legal support and advice to clients and be managing a team of paralegals.
The work place is a very modern place to work with forward thinking design and catering for your well being and approach to the workplace with many activities and events situated daily on premises including Fitness classes, Yoga, Free Breakfast facilities amongst other events and company days out on weekends.
There is also a chance for you to work from home!
The Candidate will be responsible for:
- Offering support to other Head of Departments, their own department employees and/or Directors and dealing their own caseload and dealing with clients.
- Will be expected to train and mentor more junior staff members and positively promote quality of service to clients, raising the quality level and creating new business for the Practice.
- To support all Practice decisions, carrying out any actions required.
- To provide any support required by Head of Departments.
- To act on behalf of Head of Departments as required.
- To positively promote quality of service to clients, raising the quality level wherever possible.
To be alert when acting for clients of other legal services they may require and to refer clients to other departments within the firm when it is appropriate.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- · Deal with delegated cases as required, reporting progress to the Head of Department
- · Handle own clients in whatever category their cases require
- · Strategically manage their own department and supervising their staff members
- · Ensure quality of service levels are to standard
- · Follow internal methods, policies, and procedures as set by the Office Manual
- · Remain informed of changes in any area of specialisation, such that service quality is always maintained. Carry out file reviews as appropriate
- · Attending upon clients at offices, open files on the portal, talk to marketing providers and medical agencies, deal with all aspects of a Personal Injury file
- · Preparing Briefs to Counsel. Researching Law. Dealing with correspondence, adhere to accurate and comprehensive file management and maintenance practices of caseload according to company policy and procedures
- · Maintenance of diaries & time Recording
- · Work as part of a team and give concise and reasonable instructions
- · Prepare for trials, hearings and closings
- · Conduct legal research and gathering of relevant information on a case. This includes researching the facts of the case as well as identifying the appropriate laws, judicial decisions, and legal articles relevant to the case
- · Draft legal documents. This can include drafting correspondence and pleadings, pre-trial orders, and legal briefs with various parties
- · Respond to clients' requests, emails and post in a prompt and professional manner; answer telephones/emails in a professional manner
- · Taking statements from witnesses and other parties; interviewing clients and passing on relevant information
- · Carry out other types of administrative duties such as billing, invoicing, time recording, compile litigation bundles, dealing with correspondence, collect and organise evidence
- · Network with clients and build valuable relationships in a way that enhances the company's reputation
- · Assist during trial by taking notes, preparing exhibits, preparing files, and reading court transcripts
- · Use the company's case management system
- · Expenditure: act within limits set by the Practice and ensure all petty cash is accounted for
- · Any other hoc duties as directed by the Head of Department or Directors
- · Internal: Supportive to the Directors, Heads of Department, and colleagues
- · External: Promoting the Practice wherever possible through PR and quality of service
Skills & Qualifications:
- · Relevant Law Degree or Qualification
- · Experience in RTA/EL/PL/OL claims
- · Experience in Claimant and Defendant work
- · Dealing with Claims through the MOJ portal
- · Ability to multi-task and prioritize, and understand the importance of deadlines
- · Highly organised; able to be productive, flexible and simultaneously manage multiple cases and priorities in a performance driven environment
- · Superior research skills and data maintenance skills
- · Strong client relationship skills; the ability to establish positive, cooperative and professional relationship, both internal and external
- · Be highly trustworthy, discreet, and use good judgement
- · Able to work well under pressure, without sacrificing a high attention to detail
- · Excellent oral and written communication are essential
- · Self-starter and the ability to work autonomously; Proactive and eager to learn
- · Self-awareness and a commitment to using feedback to learn and develop as a professional
- · Ability to read, digest and process vast amounts of information into data that can be used in a legal case
- · Computer Literacy
By applying for this role you accept the Recruiterlink terms and conditions that can be found on our website and agree to receive email notification of other suitable jobs
Posted 44 days ago