Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
HMP Wayland, Norfolk, IP25 6RL
Salary: £30k - (depending on experience)
Our client, Gov Facility Services Ltd are recruiting an Electrician on a permanent basis to work alongside the prison service.
Purpose of the role:
* To ensure the site is maintained to the agreed standard with the undertaking of planned and reactive service and maintenance, breakdown and fault finding and repair tasks on a range of electrical services throughout the estate.
* To undertake survey inspections for quality control purposes including in confined spaces and at height, recording all work and completing associated registers/logs.
* The regular supervision of prisoners undertaking quality control over prisoner work as agreed within the Service Specification
Duties will include, but not limited to:
* To be accountable for the maintenance, installation and repair of electrical
systems within the prison estate in line with the sites maintenance requirements
* To take accountability for general reactive maintenance within the prison estate in
line with the sites long term goals and objectives
* To fault find and ensure satisfactory fault rectification maintaining site services
levels at all times
* To ensure allocated, planned maintenance and small repairs are carried out,
undertake service requests raised by the computer aided facilities management
* To undertake general maintenance tasks and survey inspections in areas
including confined spaces and at height
* To comply with all Health and Safety policies, procedures and legislation to
ensure statutory and mandatory compliance
* To accept formal appointments as a competent person in accordance with the
requirement of GFSL's safe systems of work as required
* To undertake incidental and emergency or urgent tasks and assignments as per
Service Specification timescales, in a safe manner
* To actively contribute to the effective management of the tool inventory and
maintain security standards within the designated work area
* To positively contribute to the building and development of a culture of excellent
customer service, establishing and maintaining an excellent working relationship
with the client
* To take accountability for ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
and company policy including undertaking the role of Fire Warden and/or First
Aider as required
Skills and Abilities:
* Electrician qualified to C&G 2367 or 2357 (Electrical Installation) and NVQ level 3 in Electrical Installations or equivalent.
* Must have a certificate in BS7671 - The Requirements for Electrical Installations, 17th or 18th Edition.
* Two years' experience working in a role as an electrician
* Experience working on commercial or industrial electrical systems are desirable
* Excellent organisational skills / Time management /Ability to prioritise and organise own workload / able to work to deadlines
* Strong communication skills
* Basic IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Excel and Word
* Good working Knowledge of relevant health and safety
* At least 2 years Previous experience in a similar role
* Experience of taking instructions and following
processes and procedures
* Experience of working in a team
* Experience of working under pressure to tight deadlines ● Good working Knowledge of planned preventive maintenance operations
* Relevant professional qualifications
* Up to date First Aid at Work Qualification desirable
If successful you will receive:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 Statutory Holidays + 8 Bank Holidays
- Excellent Pension Scheme
- Sick Pay (Depending on Length of Service)
- Annual Performance Award
- Charity Days
- Thank you, scheme
About Our Client:
Gov Facilities Services Ltd provide Facilities Management Services, such as cleaning, reactive maintenance, landscaping and planned building repair work to 52 Prison Establishments across Greater London, Kent & Sussex, South West and the East of England.
Due to the nature of the environment, you will be asked to complete the standard Security Vetting for the establishments. This will include a police check, along with either Enhanced Level 1, Enhanced Level 2 or Counter Terrorism depending on the appointed establishments. If you already hold a current EL1 or EL2, previous CTC clearance or have worked in that environment before, we are looking to speak to you!
If you meet the above criteria and want to be considered for this excellent opportunity, please send your CV via the link provided. Shortlisting will commence with immediate effect.
SkyBlue Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring that all hiring decisions are based on competence, performance and business needs. By applying for this role, you are agreeing to our privacy statement which can be found our website