Stanmore - London
Up to £17191.00 per annum
Support Workers £17,191.20 per annum Fulltime and Part time (Permanent) 38 hours per week (fulltime hours) Location: Stanmore and North Wembley, London
Do you want to make a real difference to the lives of the people we support?
Hoffmann Foundation for Autism (HFA) is a registered charity with more than sixty five years experience of providing a range of specialist services to adults on the Autism Spectrum.
Our aim is to enhance the lives of adults with Autism by ensuring that each one of the people we support receives an individualised service that will enable them to lead as independent a life as possible and make a positive contribution to their communities
We are currently recruiting for Fulltime, Parttime and Bank Support Workers for our Service in Stanmore and North Wembley in London. Our fulltime hours of work are 38 hours per week.
Our Supported Living Service in Stanmore is a large property comprising of 4 flats in the leafy surroundings of Stanmore. The service provides 24 hour care and support to people on the Autism Spectrum. Our Supported Living Service in North Wembley provides 24 hour care and support to people on the Autism Spectrum.
The Support Worker Role
Your role will be to provide practical support, including intimate personal care and completing all the relevant documentation promptly and accurately. You will ensure that the living accommodation is respected as someones home, carrying out any domestic duties, such as cleaning, washing and ironing, that is necessary.
As a Support Worker you will work as part of a flexible team across a sevenday rota which includes early and late shifts with opportunities for extra hours.
Requirements for the Support Worker Role
- Putting the people we support at the heart of all we do
- Ability to challenge yourself, learn and develop in what you do
- Ability to challenge bad practice and hold people to account
- Ability to reflect and improve service delivery
- Commitment to our values
- Passionate about what we do and willingness to work within a team
- Great communication skills and be comfortable making decisions
- A basic level of English and Maths is also required
- IT Literate
We are committed to developing your individual skills to help you reach your full potential and we offer a comprehensive induction and training programme and opportunities for career progression.
So, if working in an environment where every day is different, the work is challenging but also rewarding and you really want to make a difference to the lives of the people we support, then we would like to hear from you!
We offer the following Benefits
- Staff Loan
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- 30 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays (pro rata for part time)
- Additional annual leave after 4 years service, (a maximum of 38 days).
How to Apply
To apply please click Apply to send your CV.
Posted 36 days ago