Production Manager | Zoek
Mitcheldean, Gloucestershire, England
£45k - 50k per year
Permanent (Full time)
A progressive engineering & manufacturing company is looking to recruit a Manufacturing / Production Manager. A well organised individual with management experience in fabricating/welding/repairs within the construction, engineering, building or related sectors to run the day to day operations. You may also be required to oversee new projects in the UK, so there could be some travel within this role.
Responsibilities of the Production Manager:
- Manage a team of engineers and designers in production ensuring all KPI's are hit and on budget.
- Health & safety is paramount, IOSH qualified would be preferred although not essential
- Used to adopting LEAN processes and practices day to day
- Encourage and hold weekly meetings between design, CAD and production staff
- Work and interact with sales team so aware of future work flow
- Six sigma would be advantageous
- Weekly reporting into the MD while acting as his number 2 at certain times
Elements of the Production Manager role:
To go in and review operational effectiveness to identify and promote initiatives to drive the business forward.Prior experience within manufacturing within either the construction, engineering or house building sectors is key. ISO9001 experience preferred but not essential
You will be willing to progress into the role of Manufacturing Director in the future and will have previously had senior manager responsibility as a Manufacturing Manager, Production Director, LEAN Production Manager or Senior Production Manager.
- Good man management skills.
- Positive team player, wants to win.
- Excellent communicator at all levels, including customers.
A basic salary of £45,000 - £50,000 with an excellent Bonus Scheme
Pension, other usual perks to be discussed
Part of a wider group of businesses so plenty of scope to accelerate your career.
Posted 11 days ago