Social Worker - Adult Community - Band 6
St Peter Port, Channel Islands
£33k - 43.8k per year + Relocation, Accomm
We are seeking a committed and experienced Social Worker to join the Adult Community Care Team providing a high quality research based casework service to service users.on the beautiful Island of Guernsey , in the Channel Islands.
- You will provide consultation, support, specialist advice and joint working within the integrated services to deliver person centred care and support.
- You will be based within an identified team, acting in an advisory capacity to members of the multidisciplinary team on social care issues relating to adults, educating or acting as a mentor as appropriate.
- You will also provide training, consultation and supervision as delegated by the Senior Practitioner for less experienced social workers, support workers and student social workers.
Please note; Guernsey has adopted the AfC banding system, but have applied their own salary scale. The current Guernsey Band 6 salary is up to £42,715 plus an annual bonus of £1,120 and higher penalty rates; 36% evening/Saturday and 72% Sunday/BH.
The island of Guernsey is in the Channel Islands and has a population of 65,000. It has some of Britain's finest and best-kept beaches , an especially mild and sunny climate , and an offbeat, historic harbour town in St. Peter's Port, the island's capital.
The States of Guernsey delivers a diverse range of healthcare; their Social Work service provides excellent Adult Community care, supported by Social Workers recruited to a very high standard.
Person requirements : Qualified Social Worker with current full HCPC registration . Current or recent Adult Community sector experience, including managing own caseload. Ability to make judgments and decisions with confidence. Be in possession of a clean and current car driving licence; own vehicle required, (mileage expensed at full rate)
The benefits of working in Guernsey include:
- A higher-than-UK salary.
- A £1,120 annual bonus
- A flat rate 20% income tax.
- No Council tax or VAT
- A relocation payment of £5,000*
- On-site Staff Accommodation or a generous allowance for private rental accommodation*
- A continental lifestyle, where the people are friendly, and crime is very low. *Full T&C in relocation directive
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit www jarrodean.com
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.
Posted 46 days ago