Senior Quantity Surveyor (main contractor) - Barnet | Zoek UK | 453c6d
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Senior Quantity Surveyor (main contractor)
Barnet, Greater London, England
£70000 - £80000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
Our client is a main contractor with operations in London and Ireland working on residential, healthcare and commercial projects worth £15m+.
They are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor for a role based out of their head office in Barnet covering projects across the London area.
* Ensure all duties are carried out in accordance with SHE procedures.
* Significantly contribute to vital commercial aspects of the product which will include project scope and design.
* Remain consistently diligent to ensure opportunities are maximised and risks are minimised.
* Act as a key business partner to the project lead. You will be responsible for ensuring contract conditions and escalating any issues that require expert legal advice, manage resolution of any contractual issues and/or disputes.
* Play a pivotal role contributing to the project procurement strategy and devise suitable procurement routes for supply chain.
* Ensure implementation of site-based cost control processes for prelims, subcontract and at client level including variation management and main contract obligations.
* Provide comprehensive and reliable CVRS, external and internal cash flow forecasts for project, monitoring results and interpreting reason for deviation.
* Implement commercial management procedures standard procedures for day-to-day applications for payment, procurement, cost reports, audit trails, site activity records etc.
* Lead comprehensive and detailed risk and opportunity reviews for project and propose, implement, manage and monitor risk management strategies.
* Ensure the accurate recording and submission of claims in respect of relay and loss expense.
* Produce and issue payment notices.
* Involved in pre-construction strategy, contribute to review and agreement of cost plans.
* Manage, motivate and develop team.
* Produce, manage and strategies necessary information to support/defend a claim.
* You have experience of (and able to show using clear examples) that you have acted as the sole/leading QS for a major project (£15 Million+)
* You have experience of working for a main contractor acting a QS for the following projects: (Student Accommodation, Manufacturing & Industrial, Stadia/Leisure, Commercial, Mixed-Residential, Schools or Hospitals).
* Hold a relevant Quantity Surveying qualification.
Excellent package and career prospects for a motivated Senior Quantity Surveyor looking to progress in the London market