Finance Business Partner - Poole | Zoek UK | 45aa21
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Finance Business Partner - Capital Projects (SECONDMENT)
Permanent (Full time)
FINANCE BUSINESS PARTNER - CAPITAL PROJECTS (Secondment / FTC)
Location: Poole / Flexible
We’re a place that makes magic. Magic that gives millions ofpeople fun, thrills and memorable experiences. We’re the thinkers, dreamers,doers and achievers whose job it is to create and deliver world-class newattractions, hotels and major investment projects, as well as manage theextensive real estate assets of one of the most exciting companies in theworld.
Welcome to Merlin Magic Making (MMM), the creativeheart of Merlin Entertainments. Merlin Magic Making is responsible fordelivering Merlin Entertainments Group projects around the world to a cultureof 'on time, on budget and ready for our guests'. This includes alltheming, rides, attractions, displays and accommodation worldwide.
We are currently recruiting for aFinance Business Partner - Capital Projects to join ourMMM Developments Finance team. This role is a fixed term / secondment opportunityideally based at our Poole HQ or we would consider other Merlin locations.
Reporting into the Head of Finance, you will be theFinance Business Partner to Global Project Delivery team and F21 Finance Hub,providing financial planning, costing, control and reporting to ensure thesuccessful delivery of major capital projects across Europe and UK. Primaryresponsibilities include:
- Accurate and timely reporting of project status, includingforecast cost to complete, committed, actuals, contingency consumption,timetable to include reporting of additional risks and opportunities throughoutthe full lifecycle of a project.
- Accurate reporting of commitments and actuals through NetSuite/HFM including correct fixed asset categorisation in line with Group Policy.
- Design and delivery of financial and non-financial analysis andinsight to support Project Directors and Managers, and
- MMM / Merlin morebroadly, with key budget, timetable and scope decisions.
- Monthly capital forecasting on NBD capital projects.
- Ensure compliance with MMM and Group policy, process andcontrols for capital project delivery.
- Coordinate input from broader project stakeholder group onassumptions that impact project capital costs.
- Supporting the Project Director and Managers in optimisingproject costs both during the planning and costing phase and duringbuild, ensuring cost assumptions and the costing and tendering process isadequately challenged.
- Ensure a comprehensive and timely project close and handover toOperating Group Finance.
- QualifiedAccountant with strong technical skills, including up to date knowledge of IFRSand expertise in financial analysis and financial control.
- Experiencein financial analysis and control essential.
- Experiencebusiness partnering non-financial stakeholders essential.
- AdvancedExcel skills and an aptitude for learning systems quickly.
- Experiencedealing with foreign currency transactions and/or working for an internationalcompany an advantage.
- Experienceof construction or project accounting and control an advantage.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate with alllevels, including non-financial decision makers and Senior Management.
- Ability to manage own workload and prioritise multipleprojects at different stages with significant numbers of stakeholders.
Please note that the closing date for applications is 7th September 2021. If you are interested in this opportunity and would like more information please contact Rox & Dean.
We’regrowing fast and alongside a fun and friendly environment, we offer a fabulouspackage and amazing prospects – ideal if you’re already fantastic and canquickly become even better (our magic can help here). Benefits includePension, Life Assurance, discretionary company bonus, 25 days’ holiday and, ofcourse, a Merlin Magic Pass which gives you and your friends and family freeadmission to all of our attractions worldwide, as well as 25% discount in ourretail shops and restaurants and 40% discount on LEGO.
EveryoneMatters at Merlin.
At Merlin we welcomethe world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want toreflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive tocreate an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, havethe same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyonematters! Together, we work tocreate a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race,gender, disability or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'llalways be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexibleemployer in our industry.
If you have any questions or if you require any assistance, because of a disability or medical condition, please contact us by email at ###### and one of the team will get back to you as soon as possible.