Horsham, West Sussex
£15100 - £16400 per annum
Children with special needs need your love and support, not sympathy.
Are you ready for a new challenge?
Do you want to make a difference?
Do you have previous experience working with children?
We are looking for a teaching assistant (TA) / Learning support assistant (LSA) in the Horsham area to support students with Autism and speech and language difficulties. Your day to day role will be working with students on a 1:1 (one to one) basis and in small group sessions, working alongside the therapy team and supervising on educational visits. Can you help children with different physical and mental challenges equally access education?
Benefits with the School:
- Onsite Forest school
- Free school meals
- Free parking on site
- Specialised therapy sessions
- Weekly training sessions
- One week induction to help you settle into the role
- Paid holiday
- Participating in therapy sessions including sensory rooms, occupational therapy and art therapy
- Monitor pupils progress and report back to the main teacher
- Make sure the classroom is health and safety enabled
- Building on key life skills and boosting confidence
- Encouraging students with progressing their social skills
- Supervise pupils on educational visits and days out from the school
- Encouraging learners to be more independent
- Understand the needs of individual pupils and flex your style to best suit them
Ideal candidates will have the following:
- Must have own means of transport
- Must have experience within SEN, care, nursing or support worker roles
- Experience with ASD, SEMH, SLD, MLD, PMLD and speech and language difficulties
- A great personality, energy and sense of humour
- Selfconfidence and initiative
Benefits with Randstad:
- Advice and editing on your current CV
- Refer a friend benefits
- Great knowledge in the market to match you to your perfect role
- Flexible working hours
- Exclusive online services
- Discounted voucher app for candidates
- Free elearning modules such as Autism awareness, safeguarding and more!!!
Interviews will be taking place over the coming weeks for a fulltime permanent position starting in September 2019. If this role sounds of interest do not hesitate to apply now! Call Reece Noormohamed on ######### or email #########
We have an array of exclusive positions on Sussex and Surrey for temporary and permanent contracts. If you are interested in working in an SEN setting then please send your updated CV to #########
Randstad Education maintains the highest standard of child safety and compliance when placing candidates into schools. Any successful candidates will be subject to the compliance process that also includes the enhanced DBS check.
Posted 15 days ago