£17000.00 to £19000.00 Per Year
Responsible to: Senior HR Officer Base: Cardiff Hours: 35 hours per week Contract type: Fixed term contract, 6 months Salary: £17,000 - £19,000 depending on experience
Aim of post: The HR Assistant will provide high quality and well-organised human resources administration relating to all aspects of the employee lifecycle.
- Assist with recruitment processes for UK and international staff.
- Schedule induction itineraries for incoming UK and International staff.
- Maintain the HR database and personnel folders.
- Record and monitor employee absence records.
- Support employee relations cases through minute taking.
- Preparation of documentation for all aspects of the employee life cycle, including leavers, changes to terms and conditions, maternity and paternity and flexible working requests.
- Assist with the implementation of HR and Safeguarding policies and procedures.
- Ensure health and safety procedures are updated according to regulation and are adhered to in the UK office.
- Ensure compliance under GDPR for processing HR data.
- Organise HR Committee meetings, prepare minutes and follow up on action points.
- Assist with the recruitment of UK volunteers and maintain the volunteer database.
- Assist in maintaining a safe and thriving organisational culture.
- 1 years’ experience of working in a fast-paced HR department.
- A good standard of education to at least five GCSEs A-C level, including Maths and English, or be able to demonstrate equivalent wok based skills and abilities.
- Demonstrable experience in working with confidential information.
- Understanding of basic employment law relating to recruitment, absence and performance management.
- Excellent attention to detail combined with good organisational skills.
- Flexible and resilient with good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate at all levels - verbally and in writing.
- Good level of IT literacy (MS office) and numeracy skills.
- Working towards or obtained CIPD qualification - an advantage, but not essential.
To be considered for this role, please apply today with your CV and short covering letter.
Posted 34 days ago