Physical Education Technician
£1250 - £1350 per day
Are you a Physical Education (PE) graduate or teacher looking for a support role within a Wigan based secondary school? Are you a qualified PE teacher who hasn't sourced a teaching role, or a graduate looking for further experience prior to beginning a teacher training programme?
Teaching Personnel are currently recruiting for a PE Technician and Teaching Assistant for an Ofsted graded 'Good' Catholic Secondary school in Wigan ahead of September 2019.
This full time temporary position will involve supporting the running of the PE department alongside delivering PE lessons as well as other curriculum subjects in the absence of members of staff. Within this Physical Education Technician role, you will be required to support the PE Faculty in its day to day running towards raising the standards in teaching and learning, creating opportunities for students and raising attainment.
*Applicants are required to have previous experience working in schools OR hold a Physical Education degree/relevant sports based work experience*
Particular responsibilities supporting the PE Department:
- Help deliver and set up lessons alongside class teachers
- Lead lessons in the absence of teaching staff - Pre set work provided
- Administration tasks within the department and liaising with parents
- Arranging/confirming fixtures and produce fixture list
- Booking transportation e.g. school minibuses and coaches
- Help with organisation of special events e.g. Sports Presentation Evening /Dance
- Platform / Sports days / Open evenings.
- Participate in departmental meetings
- Liaise with grounds maintenance for PE requirements
- Liaising with external coaches who run after schools clubs
- Updating information boards around school
This is a rare opportunity for any individuals with relevant PE qualifications and experience looking to work with a secondary school which holds an excellent reputation. The Head of Department is looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and well organised individual and is looking to meet with candidates prior to the new school year in September.
The school is larger than the average Secondary school with approximately 1100 pupils currently on roll. This is a school where behaviour is good and students feel safe at school. They show respect for adults and for each other and their highly conscientious attitudes to learning are an important factor in their achievement.
The school is located on the outskirts of Wigan bordering Salford which makes for easy access from surrounding areas; St Helens, Warrington, Leigh and Chorley.
For immediate consideration please send an updated CV to Matt via the link below or contact the Manchester Secondary Branch for further information on the number below;
Posted 11 days ago