£40k per year + Bonus, Pension 6%, Car, Life
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Applications Engineer to work for a renowned CNC machine tool manufacturer.
The Main Duties for the Applications Engineer will be to:
- Provide a high standard of technical support to the sales team in terms of machine demonstrations, machine setting and programming to meet customer requirements & component cycle time calculation
- Provide a high standard of technical support in terms of formal training course, hands-on training, and customer development and after sales support
- Carry out machine demonstrations for customers
- Prepare and prove machining methods and programs designed to provide solutions to customers' manufacturing problems
- Calculate accurate and realistically attainable cycle time estimates as required by the sales engineers
- Assist with the installation of new machines
- Visit customers to deal with issues relating to the proper operation of installed machines
- Provide customers with telephone advice and support in all matters relating to the successful operation of their machines
- Conduct training sessions on machine applications and operations for groups of customers
- Be involved in the development of training courses for new machines
The right Application Engineer will have:
- Ideally c3 years' application experience with multi axis CNC lathes/turning centres
- Background of field service preferred
- Strong engineering background with appropriate educational qualifications and training
- Strong communication skills
- A can-do attitude with a positive pro-active approach to provide customers with an excellent service
This is a field based role with successful Applications Engineer ideally living within and around the following area: Northampton, Milton Keynes, Luton, Bedford and Towcester. You can expect to spend up to 50% of your nights away from home.
In return the successful Applications Engineer can expect an excellent starting salary up to £40k based on experience plus a company vehicle, highly competitive bonus, pension 6%, Life Insurance plus an ongoing and in-depth training regime.
For further information call Zowie Lewis.
applicationengineer #machinetool #cncmachines #jobs4automation
Looking for a job involved with maintenance, service or design for automated machinery, control systems, process control solutions or systems integration projects? Register your details on our website where you will find a full list of live positions where a customised automated search process allows immediate access to new vacancies as they are registered. Free, confidential service.
All respondents to this position must be eligible to live and work in the UK - Automation Experts are unable to assist with the award of Visas or UK Work Permits.
As a registered engineer, you are automatically a member of our 'Referral Scheme' thereby receiving £500.00 (tax free) for Engineers that you recommend to us that we place in permanent employment.
Automation Experts offer recruitment services on a contract and permanent basis; We support many of the leading companies throughout the UK.
Thank you for your interest, if your experience is suitable for this position, please call the advising Consultant ASAP. NB. We cannot guarantee a response to every application.
Posted 8 days ago